1.

Zac and Fatima were currently out at the mall doing some last-minute prom shopping. Fatima ended up getting hungry, so they went to get some food. Zac gleefully watched his girlfriend of 3 years devour a juicy cheese burger and sip on a thick strawberry milkshake.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Fatima asked as she chewed on some fries and washed it down with her milkshake.

Zac did a light chuckle before responding, "Because for someone who has managed to hide her pregnancy for close to 6 months, I'd swear that your eating habits would've gotten you caught by now."

Fatima swallowed the little bit of food that was still in her mouth. "Well lucky for me, the lack of attention is just one of the few perks that come with being the neglected middle child," she replied coldly.

"Damn baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to open up old wounds." Zac responded with sincerity.

Fatima gave him a weird look "Zac what?!" She laughed. "Baby, don't be ridiculous. By now, you should know that the way my mother treats me doesn't phase me anymore."

"I get that Ti, but seriously, don't you think that if you just tell your mom that you're pregnant, then maybe it'll help mend y'all relationship? You know they say that babies tend to bring people together, right?"

"In what world?" Fatima asked sarcastically before laughing. "That's probably true but under different circumstances. Like perhaps if I wasn't fucking 17 years old!!"

Zac instantly felt bad for getting her worked up. One thing he has tried to maintain throughout her pregnancy was to be her peace. And it was going great for the most part but sometimes (like now) her emotions would get the best of her and she'd just spazz out on him but luckily, Zac is a very patient lover.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you, I honestly was just trying to help. It just kills me to know that I played a major part in putting a further strain on your relationship with your mother."

"Zac," she sighed. "Baby, listen to me. You need to stop putting all the blame on yourself. I made the conscious decision to have unprotected sex with you, and even though I ended up pregnant as a result of our night of passion"... She paused and smiled as she began to reminisce but then cleared her throat and came back to reality.

"My point is that we are both grown consenting adults who had consensual sex and I have no regrets, so you shouldn't have any either."

"First of all, ma'am, only one of us here is an adult," Zac mocked.

Fatima laughed and rolled her eyes, "whatever nigga, you're only 7 months older than me and I'm gonna be 18 in a couple of months so not too much."

"Okay baby I promise to leave this alone but I just have one final question. Why are you so reluctant to tell your mother that you're pregnant?"

"Because Zac, despite the fact that she had Eva when she was 15, I know that she won't accept teenage pregnancy with open arms. Besides, Eva is already pregnant with my mother's golden grandchild."

"You do know that she can have more than one grandchild, right?"

"Obviously, Zac, but me and Eva's kids won't get the same treatment, so I might as well save my baby the heartache," she said while lightly rubbing her small bump in circles.

"So what's your plan exactly? Like what if, God forbid you go into labor while you're at home? Then what?"

"Baby relax, none of that is gonna happen because I have this thought out. In 3/4 months time, I'm gonna be living at a college dorm room, and as far as labor and delivery goes. Dr. Jones promised me that she wouldn't tell my mom because you know... Dr-Patient confidentiality."