18.

Continued...

"Fatima I-" the call got cut off because it had reached the inmate call limit.

"What the hell was that?" Zac asked, still trying to register the massive bomb drop. "What birthmark were you talking about?"

"While I was giving Skylar a bath, I noticed a birthmark on her back, and babe, I know that this sounds crazy but it looked exactly the same as the one that Zoë had. Same size, shape, and position!" Fatima explained, and Zac looked at her like she was crazy.

"Fatima, are you serious right now?!" He asked in a tone of disbelief. "Baby, everyone always alluded to how much alike Skylar and Zoë looked. So maybe they had the same birthmark too."

"Zac!! That is literally impossible because birthmarks are unique to an individual. Shit, even identical twins don't share birthmarks, so please stop trying to make me seem crazy," Fatima said flagging him off.

"So what exactly are you trying to say, Ti?" Zac asked.

"I'm saying that..." Fatima hesitated. "Are you gonna believe me, or am I just wasting my time?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

"Well, I do want to believe you, but if whatever you're gonna say is outrageous, then-

"Of course." Fatima rolled her eyes.

"Ti, it ain't even like that, so stop while you're ahead!" Zac warned. "Look, just say what you were about to say."

"I have reason to believe that Skylar is Zoë" Fatima casually said.

"You're joking, right?!" Zac said, waiting for her to laugh, but she didn't. "How can that even be possible?"

"I know it sounds crazy but just hear me out. On the day that Zoë supposedly went into glory... Who was the first person who came to alert us?" Fatima asked.

"Your mother."

"Exactly! Why? Because she has access to damn near every ward in the hospital. My theory is that she discovered that the real Skylar passed away and then because she's always been against the fact that I got pregnant in my teens she saw an opportunity to swap mine and Eva's babies, because I guess in her sick mind... Eva was more entitled to motherhood than me." Fatima explained.

"Babe," Zac sighed. "I know that your relationship with your mother has always been rocky, but this is wild even for her! I mean, she would literally have to hate you to do something so cruel, and I don't
think-

"Don't think Zac! It's not a secret that my mother hates me. It's a fact. She has hated me for as long as I can remember." Fatima said.

"No, she hasn't, Fatima. Did you forget that y'all made peace on that evening of your birthday?" Zac asked, and Fatima just rolled her eyes. "I understand that she has hurt you in the past, but this?... This is too extreme. Baby, I think that you should maybe look into therapy."

"Why?" Fatima asked with her arms folded. She was starting to get heated, but she also wanted to hear him out first.

Zac hesitated before speaking. "After you left, I got into therapy, and I discussed with my therapist about how your abrupt departure affected me. My therapist basically told me that you might have been suffering from undiagnosed PPD, which can also lead to cognitive illnesses if left untreated for a long period. Now that I think about it, I think you have a delusional disorder. It's essentially used to diagnose a person who makes up crazy scenarios in their head and then starts believing it, " Zac said with sincerity, and Fatima gave him a mean mug. "It's not your fault, though, baby. She said that it's actually quite common amongst women who have lost-