34.

S A T U R D A Y

| Rental |

It is now Saturday morning, aka, the day of the party. Zac woke up super early because he was nervous/ stressed about the presentation that he had to deliver to Mr Bele in a time frame of 30 minutes. As a result, he decided to go hit the gym, hoping that burning some calories would help lower his stress levels.

Meanwhile, Fatima and Zoe are still asleep back at their temporary living accommodation, aka a rental townhouse. While Zac spent last night working on his presentation, the girls had a movie night, so they slept late.

** Phone ringing…

Fatima opens her eyes and yawns while stretching her arms as she looks for her vibrating phone. She quickly locates it and looks at the caller ID. After seeing that it's her close friend (Lulu) she proceeds to answer.

“Hey girl. Wassup?” Fatima says in a sleepy voice.

“Hey friend, why does it sound like you're still sleeping?” Lulu asks.

“Because I am” Fatima replied. “Girl, after all the all-nighters that I pulled in preparation for this week's exam I deserve the rest.”

“True” Lulu concurred. “Anyway friend, let me not keep you from your beauty sleep. I was just calling to find out if we're still going to meet at the library for a study group?”

“Uhh… about that. I'm sorry, I meant to call you last night but it slipped my mind” Fatima said. “I won't be able to make it to the study group because I promised Zac that I'd accompany him to a party for a few hours.”

“Partying, when we have an exam for our most difficult module coming up on Tuesday is crazy business,” Lulu laughed.

“Friend, it's not even like that” Fatima laughed. “I just… it's complicated.”

“No judgment from me girl” Lulu said. “Zac is a good man, and I know that he wouldn't just encourage you to skip a few hours of studying if it wasn't for a good cause.”

“Girl, speaking of Zac” Fatima said fully awake as she sat up and rested her back against the headboard. “Tell me why this nigga lowkey told me that I'm fat yesterday.”

“He said what??!” Lulu gasped in shock. “I take back what I just said. Good man my ass.”

“Calm down” Fatima laughed. “He didn't actually say it like that, but he was definitely implying that I'm gaining weight.”

“Oh” Lulu said. “I love you Tima, but do you blame him?” she asked rhetorically. “Please don't fight me, but you have definitely put on a few pounds,” she said nervously,  “but it looks good because you gained in all the right places. You're not fat - you just got thicker.”

“Damn bitch” Fatima voiced out. “I'd expect to hear that from Zac because he doesn't know that I'm on birth control and it's consequently affecting my weight, but you know, Lulu. You know how insecure I am about this.”

“Yes, I do know Tima. Hence I never brought it up, because as a woman, I know that our bodies react differently to birth control. But, poor Zac doesn't know that, so give him some grace. I really don't think he mentioned it to hurt you.”

“I guess you're right” Fatima sighed.

“You know I am” Lulu said. “When are you even gonna tell him that you're on birth control?”