15.

- FRIDAY -

▪︎ TAYLORED SHIPMENTS OFFICE ▪︎

After Fatima's harsh treatment towards him on Monday afternoon, Zac had an epiphany and thus decided to give Fatima the "space" that she so desperately craved for. He noticed that they had a somewhat toxic cycle that involved Fatima ALWAYS running and him always chasing behind her. However, after he was left heartbroken in that parking lot when Fatima rudely drove off... He decided that enough was enough.

As a result of his epiphany, Zac spent the week keeping thing strictly professional with Fatima. He made the effort to not bother or speak to her about anything that wasn't work related.

Needless to say, Fatima felt terrible for leaving the way that she did. In her hearts of hearts, she knew damn well that she owed Zac a couple of things. A sincere apology, a thorough explanation, and perhaps a sit down. However, her pride just wouldn't let her admit her fault, so in true Fatima fashio, she just kept it moving and also kept things strictly professional with Zac.

"Girl, what did that keyboard do to you?" Lulu asked as she watched Fatima angrily type on her laptop.

"Nothing!" Fatima snapped, causing Lulu to side eye her.

"Mm-hmm... I'm sure it's nothing Lulu said sarcastically.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Fatima asked as she turned her attention away from the minutes that she was busy typing.

"Nothing!" Lulu smartly replied in the same exact tone that Fatima just used.

"Lu," Fatima breathed out. "Please don't start with me today. I really don't need to be dealing with your judgement on my birthday!"

"First of all" Lulu scoffed. "Nobody is judging you! I was just making an observation." She defended.

"What observation?"

"May I speak freely without you biting my head off?" Lulu asked hesitantly.

"Go ahead."

"I know that you and Zac have been keeping things professional all week and although I know that your stubborn ass liked not being bothered by him, you definitely miss him bothering you for the usual petty shit."

"I hear you but you're wrong. I don't miss him bothering him. I've actually been much more productive without his constant BS."

"Okay... so then what's the matter? Why are you in such a foul mood? I mean it's your 21st birthday for heaven sakes!!" Lulu exclaimed while trying to shake some excitement in Fatima. "It's bad enough that you don't want to us to go tonight."

"It's Zac," Fatima sighed.

"What about him?"

"He uhm..." she hesitated. "He walked right past me this morning and didn't wish me a happy birthday" she said sadly.

"Aww bookie," Lulu cooed. "Well, maybe he just forgot. I mean, he's been busy with trying to get this company off the ground, and y'all have also been broken up for years."

"No," Fatima said, shaking her head. "He didn't forget. He would never!! He's probably still on his stupid 'keeping it professional' wave," she rolled her eyes.

"You're my friend, and I love you, but I swear you confuse me sometimes," Lulu said with a slight chuckle. "YOU literally ran away from that man when he tried to speak to you! YOU are also the one who practically begged for this 'keep it professional' mess, and now that it no longer benefits you, you're mad?!"

"I'm not mad. I'm hurt," Fatima said in a defensive tone.

"Yeah well... how do you think he feels?" Lulu asked with her arms folded. "I know I don't know what happened between y'all, but I do know a thing or two about relationships."