4.

A few days have gone by, and Fatima is finally out of the hospital. However, Dr. Jones has put her on bedrest for a while, so she's gonna finish up the school term online.

Fatima politely declined Gina's offer to temporarily move in with the Taylors so that she could recuperate in a stress free environment. The reason being that she felt that it would be severely awkward because Zac has not said but two words to her since their last heated argument. He does, however, call every day to check up on the baby and Fatima's wellbeing, but once she tries to change the conversation, he hangs up on her. Fatima feels terrible about her current relationship status, but she has not let it get in the way of her lifelong dream.

Fatima has already started getting all her travel documents (passport, visa, study permit, etc) in order. She was also able to contact the UCT offices and request to attend the induction program virtually because she was told that her travel documents would not be ready in time for the initial date she planned to leave on. Fatima was bummed over the fact that she would be turning 18 while still on American soil, but hey... it is what it is. Maybe the extra time will help her make amends with Zac so that she doesn't leave with them being on bad terms.

_______

▪︎ WILSON RESIDENCE ▪︎

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"I'll get it." Fatima said as she got up from the sofa.

"No, it's fine, baby. I'll get it," Evelyn said already halfway to the door.

Ever since Fatima got discharged, Evelyn has been treating her like an egg and catering to her every need. Even though she is yet to apologize for the part she played in landing Fatima in hospital, her actions over the past couple of days have definitely displayed a non-verbal apology.

"Hi Mrs Wilson," Mya said with a smile.

"Hi Mya. Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Evelyn inquired as she invited her in.

"Technically, yes. But we are almost done with the syllabus, so at this point in time, attendance is kinda 'optional', " Mya explained.

"Oh, okay..." Evelyn said even though she didn't fully grasp the concept of school being optional. "Fatima is in the living room," she said as she made her way back to the kitchen.

"Hey bestie," Mya sang as she hugged Fatima and gave her a bouquet of flowers with a small teddy bear.

"Hey boo, thank you for the gifts," Fatima replied with a smile. "Come on, let's go upstairs to my room," she said, and Mya followed behind her.

______

▪︎ FATIMA'S BEDROOM ▪︎

"By the way, I'm sorry I couldn't come to see you when you were in the hospital. Things were just hectic!" Mya exclaimed. "From last minute prom fittings, college applications, prom queen duties-

"Wait, you got voted as prom queen?!" Fatima asked in excitement as she cut her off.

"Yes, girl," Mya said with a smile. "And of course, Duane won prom king."

"Aww, bestie!!!" Fatima cooed. "I am so happy for you both. Y'all are really couple goals." She said.

"Thank you boo. But let's be for real... the blueprint of couple goals is you and Zac!" Mya said. "I mean, y'all have been together for like 3 years and counting??! Shit y'all might as well get married," she joked.

Fatima sighed deeply and looked away. "Thank you, girl, but honestly, I don't know if Zac and I are ever gonna be together again." Fatima said softly.

"I'm assuming that he didn't take the relocating to Cape Town news well?" Mya asked.