Chapter 2

Pics of Janet

( Syanne's POV)

After I finished up my book, I get ready to go out the window and head to the central park with my friends for the dance-sing off with the new group from Queens.

We hold the crown as the best dancers from the street and have about eight more dance-sing offs with other groups before we compete with the greatest dancers from the streets there is.

I can't wait to see what Big Fred has for us this time. He always has a plot to a song he wants us to dance and sing about.

The rules are simple. Our job is to come up with our own dance and find a song that's great for it.

He judges us on a theme, costumes, personal looks, how good we danced and sing, and of course what the crowd thinks and the crowd loves the Flaming Stars.

Kayla and Gena always have my back when it comes to bringing stuff for me to wear. I don't have that many clothes.

Kayla is a caucasian girl best street dancer I've seen for her race. She's from a middle-class family so she can afford somethings. She has long burgundy hair that stops in the middle of her back. She's 5"9 super tall we gave her the nickname LL.

Gena is from the Bronx but her mom works in an office so she has lots of things too even three other sisters two older than her one younger.

She's Hispanic and that girl sure can shake her booty off. She has long brown with a blonde streak in her bang. She's 5"2 but don't let her shortness fool you. I saw Gena fight a girl for calling her short. So Gena may be short but she has the heart of a giant.

( Janet's POV)

I get upstairs walking downstairs to passing the doors listening out for music playing. I finally find the door, I knock three times before she answers.

Yes, Sister Grace? She says thinking I'm the nun.

I'm sorry I wasn't downstairs to get picked. I had to get dressed. She says thinking I'm gone with someone else.

Umm, actually it's Ms. Jackson. I say to her. Can I come in? Sister Grace has asked me to come and get you. I say listening for an answer.

She opens the door but walks past me without even looking. She is an African American girl. She has hair that stops above her chest. It's black with pinkish burgundy tips. She's 5"6 which is a bit taller than me. This girl is perfect for me and my family.

I get downstairs to see her sitting on the couch looking out the window. She seems to have a lot of things on her mind.

Girls please stand up and let Ms. Jackson have a look at you. Sister Grace says.

I look at all of them but I already know who I want to be apart of the Jackson family.

Sister, I've made my decision. I say to her smiling.

Well step into my office and we'll sign the papers then you guys can go. She says.

When we get into the office she politely asks me who it is that I have chosen to come to live with me.

I have chosen Syanne. I say.

Sy... Syanne? She says confused.

Yes, Syanne... why is there a problem with that. I say getting a bit impatient with all the questions she's been asking me about the decisions I make.

No, ma'am, it's just I thought you were going to pick Brittney. Most people tend to take a liking to her. She says.

Well, I thought about it at first but then I had a change of heart when meeting Syanne. I say.

After signing the papers to show proof that I'm Syanne's new mother, we go back into the living area and the girls were waiting to see who would be picked.

Girls Ms. Jackson has made the discussion of adopting one of you and that is Syanne. She pointing at Syanne who is sitting in the corner by herself.

Me...? She says confused.

Her! Brittney says looking disgusted. Why her? Why not one of us normal girls? She asks getting upset that she was not chosen.

She is normal completely average like everyone else, you shouldn't say such mean things like that about someone. I say defending Syanne.

Well then, Syanne may you go and get your things packed and ready from upstairs in your room. Sister Grace says giving her an encouraging smile.

Yes, ma'am. Syanne said getting up out of her seat and heading upstairs.

This seems like it's going to be a great day and I hope there will be many more like this one. I think to myself as I turn to Grace.