Chapter 8 (Part 1)

Kayla Gena and Syanne outfits in mm

Janet's POV

I wake up feeling well-rested. I slide out of my over the king-sized bed. I feel touch the cold floor sending shivers up my back. I put on my robe while heading into the kitchen smiling.

I had Maria my maid come up early to cook Syanne and me some breakfast. I don't want Sy going to school on an empty stomach. That's a cute nickname for her. I living out the thought in my head for a few seconds before having to shake me back to reality.

Maria sweety can you make breakfast this morning we have a new addition to the family. She has to be at school by 7:15 and I don't want her to be late. I say sitting down at the kitchen island.

I sip a bit of my soothing mint tea while bringing my focus to Maria as she begins to speak to me.

You see I already saw her when she was asleep in her room. Janet, she is very beautiful. You two are perfect for each other. Maria says sweetly.

I knew you were gonna ask me that. So I took the liberty of making all of this. Maria said pulling back a sheet revealing a breakfast feast fit for a king.

Maria this is wonderful she gonna be so happy this amazing, that's why I love you so. I standing up and giving Maria a bear hug.

Syanne POV

I jump up looking around, kind of forgot where I was. But let's just say that I was trippin. Then I remembered that I was adopted... well maybe not for long. It's whateva to me will not let another person see me cry because they don't think I'm good enough.

I get up out the bed and go take a shower and lotion up can't be looking ashy now, can we... no cause I'll never hear the end of it, especially from Gena. I don't wear makeup unless it's truly needed and it's not needed at school.

I get dressed in something that's more of me and less of Gena and Kayla not that they don't have a good sense of fashion it's just not me face ass.

I go downstairs and smell the most amazing smell. Janet must've really stepped up her A-game, cause last night that fish was .... let's just say I was laughing my ass off.

I walked into the kitchen to see a Hispanic woman standing by the counter talking to Janet. So I walk further in grabbing their attention.

I tense up so I grab an apple cause I'm going to be late and I'm also not like the attention. If I don't get going now traffic in New York City is going to be a bitch from hell trust me.

Good morning Syanne this is Maria, Maria this Syanne. Janet says introducing us to each. I go to shake her hand but she just pulls me into a hug.

Sweetheart all that handshaking stuff I'm not for it. I give hugs, you can just call me Maria. She laughs patting my back the letting me go.

Well, it was nice meeting you Maria, but I gotta go like right now. I say grabbing my pink book bag and heading to the front door. I already have Jerry waiting for me down in the lobby.

Wait I'm coming with you so I can see you off on your first day of school. Also just take this plate of food Maria packed. Janet says grabbing her purse, the plate of food, and coming right out the door with me.

We get down into the lobby and out to the car. We see Jerry who has this funny looking grouch face, with a cup of coffee in his hands looking tired.

I couldn't help but laugh as I climb into the back car along with Janet. We're all in the car silently riding along. I give directions on how to get to my school in less than fifteen minutes and that's a miracle. I go to get, and Janet slides right out the car behind me.