I Love You

My chest is closing up, the Moreetsi’s are here and Bhuti has been on the phone shouting and calling more people. Mama forced Okuhle to sleep. About an hour ago. They tried to get me to drink milk infused sleeping tablets, I refused. Sleep is not going to help me.
“Fudge, don’t tell me that, I need to find my brother Mike.” Bhuti shouts, he throws his phone on the couch and walks out the door shutting it. I follow him to check up on him after 5minutes.
“You know Pheko will kill you for banging his door.” I say standing behind him on the swing, he turns to look up at me and he laughs.
“I know, he will start saying Morris, do you know that door is not timber but bamboo, I could buy you with the price of my doors.” Bhuti and I laughs he mimics Pheko’s voice.
“He is going to come home and irritate us all with his old school music and broccoli bake.” Bhuti.
“He will.”
“He loves you, you know when he first met you. He came to the office all smiles, saying he saw his future. We stalked your dad’s social media and found nothing. My brother was devastated until you cooked for us, that beef stew and dumpling. We didn’t hear the end of it. I know he will be okay and if he is injured he will heal just for you. I need you to rest and in the morning, Iwill have a plan.” Bhuti.
“Thank you. Come you also need to rest.” He puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk together to the house.
“Mama, you can sleep with me in my room and I will take the couch.”
“Rego, I told you. I can’t enter your bedroom. I will sleep on the floor her in the dining room.” Mama.
“Guess, we will sleep here together.” I knock on Omo’s bedroom and take out the inflatable mattress and blankets for us. I make the bed and Bhuti says he will take the couch, Miso as well. At 5am I receive a call which wakes us all up.
“Ntsumi Moreetsi speaking.” I sit up on my bum.
“Ma’am you are speaking to doctor Tladi, your husband has been injured in the blast, he is critical but stable enough to travel, and we are bringing him back. Our flight is landing at OR Tambo at 7pm. We will be taking your husband to Mocare hospital. He will be transferred to a hospital close to your house.” Tladi.
“Critical but stable? Mocare is close to home, we will meet you at the airport. Thank you so much.”
“Yes, he sustained injuries but he can talk, and he has been asking for you.” Tladi.
“May I speak to him?”
“Unfortunately not, I will call you before the flight. I am at the base currently.” Tladi.
“Thank you so much for everything. We  will chat later.”
“I hope the call makes you have a better day Ma’am.” Tladi. She hangs up the phone and I give the family an update. Mrs M says we should pray and we do.
“Lord, you are faithful, we are thankful for the update and life. We ask that you bless the doctors working on Pheko, we ask for their safe flight home. Amen.”
“Amen.” We all chant. I get up and go wash my body quickly. I find mama making breakfast. Miso and Bhuti are not here, the blankets are folded on the couch. I take them to my bedroom, my phone rings.
“Ntsumi Moreetsi hello.”
“Mrs Moreetsi, you are speaking to Lorraine Tladi, I am with your husband. I put you on speaker. Remember we put him on oxygen. ” Tladi. I call mama and put the phone on speaker.
“Thank you, Hey hubby. I am so happy to hear from you. We will all be waiting for you at the airport. I’ll be the one with the Red shorts and shirt. I love you okay.”
“Shima, I love you hurry home.” Mama says wiping her tears as Pheko groans.
“Doctor, thank you for this. Safe travels.”
“It’s a pleasure. We have to leave now.” Tladi hangs up, Bhuti walks in with a gym bag and changed clothes.
He greets and places the bag down as we tell him that he missed the call. Miso and Okuhle greet, mama dishes up for all of us. I can’t eat, I only have coffee.
“Mama, do you mind us sleeping at your house just until Pheko settles, when he is stable I will come back.”
“Watsenwa wena(You are crazy.)how can you ask me that? What am I to you?”
“Our, our mother.”
“So? Do you ask your father of you can sleepover? Nxa, go pack your bags Regomoditswe.” She gets up from the couch.
“I am sorry mama, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” She turns back and shakes her head walking outside.
“Give her space, I thought because we are a lot.”
“I understand sis, I’m going to wash the dishes, you pack and get ready.”Bhuti.
“Sis, I think Miso and I should go to Babe. Then tomorrow once he is settled?” Okuhle.
“That’s great idea.” Miso.
“Are you sure? You don’t feel like it is too much trouble?”
“Not at all, we are here for you.” Miso.
“I will leave the car for you. I appreciate your help.”
“Don’t be silly, we are family.” Okuhle, give me a hug.
“Let me go find maketala wam.” They laugh, I walk outside and search for mama. I find her in her car.
“Make, I’m sorry I offended you.”
“I forgave you long ago, I was hurt because your question made me feel like I am not being a welcoming mother to you.” She sighs.
“You honestly are amazing. I didn’t want to crowd the house without your permission.”
“You are my child Rego, your people are mine. We have 6 bedrooms and a big enough lounge to sleep in. Should we need, I understand your concern as well. You are my family, you have comforted me. When Morris got married, I gained a daughter whom I lost and you are my comforter, Regomoditswe. I love you.” Mama.
“I love you more.”