Normal

I am back at work this morning late for my patient. The boys refused to leave last night and this morning I had to prepare them for school and drop them off. Pheko is left alone, his mother and Miso will check on him.
“Good morning Mrs Miller, I am sorry I am late. Please come in.” I smile and lead her to my office.
“Its okay, I had about your husband. I thought you would cancel your appointments.” Mrs Miller states taking her seat on the couch.
“Thank you, we thank God for his life. So did you do your homework?”
“I did.” She gives me a piece of paper that she wrote on. I read and ask her questions accordingly. Our hour passes by quickly, I walk her out and call in the next patient.
“Hey, what a surprise.” It’s my very first patient whom I saw as am intern.
“Congratulations on the wedding.” I give her a hug.
“Thanks, congratulations to you too.” She says holding my hand, she is looking at my wedding band.
She leaves after an hour, I call on Pheko and he says he just woke up from his nap. The day is better than I thought. At 4pm, I drive home and find Pheko sleeping on the couch. I fix the throw he has on and then change my shoes. I start preparing supper.
“Bhuti.” I answer my phone.
“Rego, how is he today? Been trying his phone but its off.”
“I don’t know yet, he us sleeping. I will call you when he is up.”
“Thanks.” He hangs up. I wake Pheko up when the food is ready. I wash the dishes and sit next to him.
“How was your day?”
“I missed you.” He kisses my hand.
“Are you in any pain? I had a busy day.”
“A little, I miss you, you know the cheeky Swati/Tsonga girl with the twang?”we both laugh.
“I miss her too, I don’t know what is wrong with me anymore.” I cry out. Pheko tells me to lay my head on his thighs. He brushes my head, chanting that everything will be okay.
“I was so scared, that I lost you. I don’t know, Pheko. I lost a lot and I don’t want to lose you. I don’t ever want to be that afraid of breathing. ”
“I am very sorry my love, thank you for letting me know. How can I ease your pain?”Pheko.
“I don’t know, I need to tell myself.” He wipes my tears.
“Do you think we should see Lerato together?” he asks.
“We can.”
“So you have fallen in love with me huh.” He raises his eyebrows. We both laugh.
“I don’t, feel sorry. I want to share your disability grant.” He cracks up and pecks my lips. I sit up and straddle him.
“Am I not hurting you?” I ask in between the kisses.
“No. I am fine.” He holds my waist tightly and chants that he loves me.
“Do you need a hand?” I ask getting off.
“No, he will go down. Are you working tomorrow?”
“Nope, Bhuti said I could take all the time I want. 8 thought being at work would make me feel better but talking to you helped.”
“I will continue preaching, communication until we get old. If you don’t talk to me I won’t know Ntsumi, we are adults and we should talk, I love you and I will be patient.” Pheko.
“I am working on me. I promise."