The Juggler

Something Neuvillette had said about you resonated in your mind, that you understand humanity. While it felt special to be validated for such a thing it also painted society as an apathetic environment. What makes you so good at your job is your attentiveness to the feelings of others and the ingenuity to mediate situations and you took pride in that.

On your way for a morning brew you encountered Menthe.
"Hello, having a good morning?"

"Mm, I would if the tea was less bitter."
her face sours

"Want me to ask for some honey?"
you propose

"No, it's okay. I did wonder something if you don't mind me asking."

"A question for me?"

"Yes, you know how your job is to help us when needed. Who helps you when you need it?"
she tilts her head curiously

"Ah.. who say's I need help?"
you scoff at the ridiculous notion of being dependent

"Well aren't humans more fragile I assume you are no exception to stress and negativity."
her point is valid

"Well, I just make sure I don't let myself get too overwhelmed. If I cope properly then my endurance lasts."

"Oh I see, thank you for answering."
she waves you goodbye

"Before I go please don't misinterpret this as advice to abuse one's personal limits."

It was a bit hypocritical to say but your job is to help them not put bad ideas of your poor habits into their minds. Though there is some truth to it, you've never had an extremely overwhelming scenario or at least not to a breaking point. Still, you appreciated her concern for your own mental well-being.

What mainly helps is the satisfaction you receive from the positive results of your efforts. To put it simply, helping others or being of use is worth pushing your own limits for.

Patrolling near the fountain in the city you saw a familiar overalled Melusine, Rohrette. It's been a while since you last spoken to her and if you recall correctly she was soon to complete her training to then work for the Fontaine's pipeline crew.

Her ears perk up upon seeing you and she runs over with a confident grin. Her clothes had a bit of grime on them but she had a really cool utility belt.

"Rohrette, It's been a little while."
you were curious as to how she's holding up now

"Yup, I've been spending a lot of time in the sewers"

"Oh you already started...recently I assume?"

"Yes, It felt intimidating at first but once they saw my skills I felt a sense of belonging."

"Well that's great I'm pro- huh?"
you turn to a paw poking at you

"I don't mean to interrupt so rudely but I really need [Name] to help me with something."
the melusine seemed antsy

You wrapped up chatting with Rohrette to allow the other melusine to drag you along. She led you to a closed shop where a line had already been formed.

"Um, what exactly do you need my help for?"
you stood in line with her

She turns to you with a serious expression
"In that store is a limited product I need to get my mitts on. You have to reach for a bottle before it's completely sold out."