Intervention

Though Clorinde's point about rest was valid you soley focused on the practice aspect. Fixating on how to resourcefully use the little time you had before official trail. Since she would not grant you overtime, limiting the cap, you practiced on your own. Afterall it was the only way to start seeing progressive results with the new techniques she has taught.

The room you inhabited has become a bit of a mess, especially with the multilated chair that sat in the corner, you had ripped it's leg off to use as a makeshift sword. There was scraps of paper taped everywhere, covered complete in the scribbles of your thoughts. Apart from your personal investigation, as an alternative outlet for stress, you noted down events of your time spent here. It gave a sense of familiarity to record daily events of your life however this was not under a professional context as it used to be.

Despite the coupon allowance system Wriothesley had implimented specifically to provide free time, it was all consumed. And you could tell...you weren't naive to the looks of concern from the others. They simply could not understand what you were going through, the impending date only intensifying the dread. How could you go up there and insist on being framed with nothing else to support...

Charlotte had reached back to you since the request of voicing your side of the matter to public through steambird's publication. The contents of the mail contained a folder with disclaimers and paper to write one. It read,

Dear [Name],
I am pleased by your willingness to accept this interview on account of how heavily this case involves you now. With my team, we will do our best to represent your voice on the matter to the media however there are some disclaimers you must know of.  As you know, steambird has it's contents reviewed by certain parties involved such as Monsieur Neuvillette. I cannot guarantee this won't get flagged so please express yourself in a professional manner. While we have provided a list of questions as a guideline, do mention anything you believe is necessary or appropriate.

It was disencouraging to know Neuvillette would be reviewing this as you wouldn't want to filter yourself. The outcome of the trial cannot be predicted thus this might be the 'fairest' chance you get in expression. There was no unproblematic way to reveal the truth without causing messy reactions. It felt almost useless writing down the detailed events of the stakeout as this could be the very thing Neuvillette flags... but it was the truth. It was hard to not passionately tangent your opinions. This experienced raised many questions against the justice system as you were hindered by the crime of another.

Still, mailing back the report one can only hope for the aid of whistleblower to risk their job for the sake of justice in the case you are silenced. Subconsciously, some of the words written were intendedly directed towards Neuvillette. Some of it's content was vague in attempt to not raise much issue for it's publication. No matter the outcome of the trial, justice could very well rely on this journal being properly deciphered.

Having ordered a book of Fontaine's architectural layout from the Rag and Bone shop, the book had finally arrived. It contained various pages and blueprints of notable buildings that stand in the city. Fortunately there was an underground segment, the sewer system had been updated a rare few times. The most current renovation being a long while ago for the removal of inactive passages. There was far too many unnecessary maintence openings in close proximity before the change.

Reading into the specifics of the changes, a particular project stood out. The creation of a room of where an opening used to be. While the purpose of the room was not explicitly mentioned, based on the path from the enterance it could only lead to the surveillance office. Given that the room used to be an exit, there should be an opening that leads to the surface. Your eyes widen at the realization, this is how the cuplrit was able to escape- they new of an the alternative exit that should have been covered up. How could the perpetrator have known this niche detail? Could it be someone who spends copious time in there... or a tenured employee. This new information could support your alabi granted anyone takes the story seriously.