Purgatory

Wriothesley strides with confidence, each step powerful and exaggerated as if he could crack the ground below him with a simple stomp. Though, who could blame him when he attracted such attention and respect from others like a magnet. Seeing he invited you for a short stroll, there's more of an introduction he was willing to provide. It's likely he had plenty discussion of your situation with Neuvillette- perhaps he was nagged to also be stern. However as he noticed your presence following behind he finally spoke with a hum,

"Seems you stirred quite the trouble with Neuvillette up there, a betrayal he didn't expect"
he muses, finger wagging at the ceiling

"I didn't betray him"
you bluntly defended

"Hm, really? He seemed rather devastated in his letter, absolutely heartbroken even"
he teases

"He did not!"
your eyes narrow at him, Neuvillette didn't seem phased at all when sending you away

"Oh he so did, something along the lines 'My dearest went against my word and has put me in quite the dilemma' "

Given his demeanor and reputation you thought The Duke was much more serious than this sarcastic nonsense he was spewing. It left you completely flabbergasted as you followed him around some corners with a flushed face- there is no way Neuvillette would say such things in that way to this guy of all people...

"I thought you had something actually important to say to me?"

He tilts his head at your pout, pointing at the room he led you to
"I do. This is the mail room, it's your responsibility to come here for updates on your case."

"oh, I see..."
you cough awkwardly for whining a moment ago

"Of course if you have any accessibilty issues then you can come to me about it, other than that I have no more special obligations to assist you."
he raises a brow at you, as if warning you not to make any special requests

"What if I want to look into outside sources- I can't just rely on one source"
it felt unfair only having access to findings leaned slightly against you...

"Then you better settle on a good lawyer, because that's your best choice newbie"
he shrugs

"No way... isn't there some alternative?"
you face falters upon remembering how awful the lawyers you met with were

He sighs, scratching his head. You wouldn't survive in a place like this at all
"Well, It's not your only choice I suppose... you just need to learn the works of this place to access useful information"

"So how does this place work?"

Leaving the mail room he then leads you towards a working zone, convicts were posted by machines producing metal parts. A manager of sorts walked around watching and handing out small tickets.

"It's simple, just work and stay out of trouble. Recieving coupons are of most value down here, you'll find they are quite useful"

"huh...? seems like a waste of my time really- can't I get an allowance?"
your time should be dedicated to preparation for the case not working like a criminal

"Pfft- an allowance? They did mention you were humorous but that's not how things work around here. You know you might have to get used to this place, if you lose the case that is"
he crosses his arms, looking at you with curiosity as its evident you don't have things planned out as of yet.