Beret

Palais Mermonia had quiet evenings without your presence, a rather dull silence not even the gestionnaire's were accustomed to. They may banter with you often but after a while that was just a playful routine. While they thought you were eccentric it's shocking to see you named as number one suspect for the notorious crime. Neuvillette carried on as he would in his office, communicating with various parties to have this trial prepare. Furina showed impatience as she wanted to get this trial over with but he warned the risk of a rushed trial backfiring on her if the evidence she collected wasn't rational. He hoped that the delay would provide enough time for the truth to become apparent.

There were traces of you still lingering in his office the dance books, a photograph, the otter plush and etc. Pacing around the room he noticed a page peaking out from the crevices of the couch, after investigation it turned out to be the comic you were enthusiastic about. He pondered the idea of it being considered proper evidence behind your eagerness to lead the investigation. Turing the pages it seemed as though the lead detective and their side-kick were preforming a stakeout, his brows raise at the poorly written scene and how it consisted of dramaticized action or emphasized comic relief. This must have been an early edition of the series as he recalled you mentioning that the side-kick betrays the detective, though you described it as a cliche trope he wonders if the notion actually occurs in the real life.

Meanwhile in the Duke's office at the Fortress of Meropide, Wriothesley was sat slowly drinking tea as he reviewed the letter Neuvillette sent to him. He was curious of your relation to the Iudex because it's not common to see him hold off a trail for an indefinite amount of time, if he didn't know any better was the fair judge buying you some time? He may have exaggerated when teasing you about Neuvillette to elicit a reaction. A place like this is surely to crush your spirits if you don't make an effort to adapt. From first appearence you were visibly exhuasted and slightly ruggeded, it was mentioned that you had uncharacteristic moments of reckless outbursts.

"What do you think Sigewinne, will they be trouble?"
he looks over at the head nurse

"Hmm excessive lack of sleep often causes impaired judgement and erratic behavior. I added healthy supplments to their meal but you shouldn't cause them any unnessary stress."
she warns

"What do you take me for?"
he holds his hands up defensively

You stayed up rather late into the night thinking over your predicament but salvaged some hours of rest in this murky place. Passing by the mail room you were surpised to have recieved a legal letter already. It was a small update on account of reviewing the live footage, it was viewed multiple times by different perspectives. While they admit it does seem as if you were doing the action of chasing, no figures were spotted and the place is too dark to distinct shadows. Considering you were under the influence of a sugar rush it is still possible to argue you were recklessly damaging the pipes due to excessive energy on that very night. From what you recalled the culprit was pretty agile... not to mention the cameras were placed in irregular spots that created blind spot. They were purposely avoiding the cameras in a swift demeanor and like a bull you rushed head first to chase them. A shiver ran down your spine from how calculated the culprit was... not to mention the fact they managed to scratch your face with their unique blade.

Still, you were focused on coming up with a defense for yourself to explain these misunderstandings. Surprisingly you found it rather efficient to work at the production zone as you thought about solid rebuttals to these claims. As lunch time was nearing the manager stopped to hand your earned credit coupons to add to the useless pile in your room. Readying to leave the machine you felt a presence uncomfortably close. Turning around stood a man with a beret smiling at you creepily.