Tides

If all Fontainians are born with original sin, Neuvillette cannot fathom the day when the tides will rise to take you and every other citizen away.

Impartiality not only helps him maintain legitimate status but prevents him from attachment of temporal figures. However that notion holds no relevance as he dreads the moment when you are no longer present in his life.

After attending a trial earlier in the day he was informed that Sedene went out to handle a matter involving you. He did not think much of it as he expected you to lively waltz into his office and recount your day to him clearing up any initial worry he would have had.

Instead he was met with dull knock from one of the gestionnaires and a note left by you.

"What's this?"
he expresses confusion

"[Name] requested to submit a written report."
she explains

"How unusual... can you enlighten me as to why?"
he meticulously examines the envelope

"I can only assume they are not in the mood to talk. When they entered they not only seemed lifeless but also roughened."

"I see, thank you."

He retains his worry until she shuts the door, the description can only imply that you had a difficult day. Before acting rashly he opens the letter to assess what had happened,

The contents of the letter recounted your events but the deeper he read into the letter the more disturbing it appeared. You expressed thoughts of negativity and low confidence in your abilities  suggesting you had failed him and your honor.

Humans are fragile, even the seemingly capable ones fall victim to the consequences of over-exertion. He is appalled by the behavior of the aggressive man, the bystanders, and employee's who mistreated you.

Most importantly he is concerned about your whereabouts. To be left alone in such a state holds risk, the human mind can only take so much until it snaps. Not to say that this in particular will completely break you, mainly that he wants to return the support that you always offer to others.

Stepping out of the office he is met with various stumps, no one knows where you could have ran off to. The public is curious as to why the Monsieur is frantically roaming around the streets at night to find the pirate looking chief.

Finally near the outside gates of the city a Garde mentions recalling seeing your feathered hat figure. He describes that you traipsed outside of the gates not too long ago towards the beach.

He saw your moonlit silhouette by shore, you stood there solemnly dragging your sword along the sand. It is with great irony that the tides rise highest when night falls. All he knows for sure in this moment is that he mustn't let you succumb to the cruel fate of a sinner.

-

For some peace of mind you exited the city to stand by beach. The ocean's waves bring tranquility to the disrupted mind. You are careful not to let the salty water splash on your untreated wounded hands, the sting would only remind you of the mishandled fiasco.

After a while you began to draw in the sand with your sword, meaningless squiggles and made up shapes solidified into ice. The only thought in your mind being how you'd even wake up energized and ready for work. Not like it mattered, it's just what you had to do for the Melusines and Neuvillette.