The Opportunist

As it turned out the man that harrassed you is a recent convict on the account of the destructive botique disaster you were involved in. Upon his entry he quickly joined a rising club called The Beret Society, another reformative group it seems. After talking with the founder he assured to keep a better eye on man, pleading for a chance to prove the organizations legitmacy and earn the rubber stamp of approval. Wriothesley accepted thinking nothing of it for now, the ominosity of the group is a seprate issue for another time. While you didn't seem severly injured by the altercation he had you sent to Sigewinne anyways. Having never shown much of a strong desire to meet you, it was only upon your arrival that she did.

Wriothesley had no initial intentions of heavily involving himself in your affairs, not going through the extra effort to aid nor hinder you in this trial period before your actual court case. This place in a sense, is your purgatory, as your 'sins' are yet to be determined and judged. You evidently lack the readiness to recieve a guilty sentence, completely denying this place as a possibility.

The Fortress of Meropide may not be an ideal location compared to the beauty the land has to offer. If it were a perfect paradise, crime would be high or this wouldn't be a place for convicts. The setting used to be harsher before he's implemented some changes to form a sustainable community where convicts can reform. Fontaine has various petty laws that people are often sent here for, some chose to stay permanently out of their free will so the stronghold has to have decent accommodations.

It seems you may be in need of just some guidance in learning how to adapt, if you crumble at the lack of support others withold then you may fail to defend yourself completely. During the evening things were less bustling, providing a peaceful ambience. Knocking at your room he heard a muffled permission for entry, your face was burried in the pillow as you laid there exhuastedly. Looking over he didn't appreciate your messy stack of coupons, those should be handled with more care.

"Rough time here, huh?"
he asks the most obivious question

"you don't say"
you muttered sarcastically

"You know what you need?"
he asks

"sleep?"
you sighed, slowly sitting up to look at him

"Yes but, also a change of perspective. C'mon get up, I have a job for you"

"No"
you turned away, rathering to wallow in bed with these complicated thoughts

"Seriously, you seem like you could use a friend to show you the ropes around here"
he offers

"We are not friends"
why was he willing to show 'compassion' now anyways?

"300 coupons, what do you say?"

"Are you trying to buy my time?"

"Work with me [Name], I'm trying to be courteous"
he sighs at your worn out stubbornness

With reluctance you got up to accept The Duke's offer, allowing him to take you on another walk around the facility. From what you saw there were a few people around, each in their own clique. They seemed tight knit, enjoying their time as if they were confined in such a place.

"A lot of groups form around here, maybe you should join one to pass time."
he suggests

"You act as if I have already been sentenced"
Getting comfortable meant admitting guilt