The Limit

The pesky pain tends to be accompanied by frequent night terrors. It's to the point where intended rest was just plain stress. With an exhausted groan, you slowly sat up to take in the surroundings. The tea had relaxed you into deep slumber, it seems you were then brought to the infirmary to be monitored.

The intense state of surreal panic from the night left you with a terrible headache, that amount of stress is simply unbearable. On the bedside table stood a tall glass milkshake, a pain suppressant made by Sigewinne. At tea party it was proven to be effective due to its opium property. As you gulped down the bitter drink, the melusine head nurse steps into the room holding a clipboard.

"Oh, you're awake"

"Hardly"
you openly yawned

She noticed how fast the glass was emptied
"Are you in pain?"

"Ah yeah, I was. Thanks for the milkshake, it really does help. Just a thought but... do you think you could make them frequently for me?"

Since the pain proved to be rather insistent, perhaps it could be ignored with these medicated milkshakes. Though she enjoys making them, her expression falls into apprehensive concern for such a request. To her awkward rescue, Wriothesley interjects.

"You shouldn't fall reliant on them"
He leaned by the entrance

"Can't the nurse help me through this pain?"
your brow stubbornly furrow

"Pain is like a built-in human alarm, alerting when something is abnormal. It shouldn't be ignored"
Sigewinne chimes in with her analogy

"What? No.. there's no need to investigate it, i'll be fine with just the milkshakes"

Sensitivity to the pain only intensified with each day, you feared probing around the source would provoke it worse. They had a point though, it was better to explore the warning signs than to fall dependent on a medication. With a reluctant sigh, you allowed her to lightly examine your nape.

"That was quite an episode you had"
his demeanor was meticulous

"So maybe I got a little anxious..."
you muttered, downplaying the event

"[Name], I have the responsibility of maintaining stability here. This isn't going to be frequent now, is it?" he asks with concern

"I dunno..."

"Such outbursts serve as a liability, a risk for mass panic that I cannot allow"

"What I saw felt real though"
you protested

he softening his tone to prevent further agitation
"You've been rather erratic lately, obsessively fixated on something. Are you really getting enough rest?"

"I'm trying! It's just a little inconsistent"

"Sometimes humans hallucinate when they're reallyyy sleepy. That must've happened to you"
Sigewinne suggests, backing away from your nape

"I do believe your court date is to come soon, it's unethical for even Neuvillette to stall it much longer than he already has"

your eyes widen at that claim
"I should get back to work or something"

"I'll grant you an allowance for the remaining time"
he offers with clear hesitance