Infierno

Neuvillette has ordained numerous trials varying from petty to personal within his lifetime. Each time he has maintained professional objectivity but that did not mean it wasn't a grueling responsibility to be put through. There have and will be trials that may stir up his sentiments, but that is a private matter.

In the early days of his role as the Ordainer of Inexorable Judgment, when he did not have strong credibility nor was there peaceful melusine coexistence, there was a case. He cannot help but connect similarities from then to now. Vautrin, captain of the Special Security and Surveillance, was a member of authority that Neuvillette placed great trust in- that much was apparent. Much like you, Vautrin displayed righteous demeanor and assisted in the movement to have society accept Melusines as equal members of Fontaine despite their unfamiliar origins. However a Melusine was drove to a fatal fate and Vautrin abused his authority to preform an extreme act of 'justice'- revenge. Neuvillette was given no other choice than to sentence Vautrin to exile at the Fortress, by doing this people respected his impartiality to conduct a fair trail despite the personalness involved.

When receiving the letter left by Rohrette, it definitely raised concern on her well-being but after having it properly looked at, it seemed more like a legitimate choice on her part as there was no signs of forgery. Responsible for the crime itself, unlawful behavior, or whatnot he could not plainly conclude in context of you... but something was awry and you happened to fall in the spotlight. Neuvillette may not be able to place explicit trust in you as per court protocol and fairness but he does hold immense confidence that Justice will prevail accordingly.

Perhaps it's right to say he is being rather strict in comparison to the tender treatment he has shown you before, a switch like that may be unsettling. He theorizes if the special treatment he's provided has blurred your perception of what is legal, especially by allowing you a role in this case. He has said any misconduct on your behalf is his responsibility thus he must handle this accordingly. But how does one encourage accountability to someone who makes light of various situations, roughly 400 years in this society and he hadn't a clue.

It is interesting to note that Vautrin only showed out of character aggression during his trial. At the actual Fortress he remained discipline and even created the Mutual Aid Network, a system meant to unionize the oppressed within the Fortress. Neuvillette hypothesizes that sending you could produce positive results. You may finally understand what the rational approach in defending your character as a citizen of justice, whether it is via guilty confession or proof of innocence.

---

In your years of training and occupation as a member of authority that enforces the city's justice, it that exact system hindering your innocence. You'd never expected to be in opposition of the law let alone sent to the Fortress of Meropide to spend your detention as the suspect of a high degree crime especially when you knew for a fact you were innocent.

Honestly you could not make sense of his decision could it be the reputation you had carelessly built for yourself? It's not like with you were taken that much seriously by others on a daily basis, not even by yourself. Instead you played into that role of the city's jester they would poke fun at... but you thought Neuvillette had more faith in you than this. Of course you understood the severity of this case yet no one seems to think you reflect that properly.

The concept seems jarring, sending you into a location full of actual convicts with serious crimes simply to 'set you straight' in other words. Members of authority branching from the Marechaussee Phantom to the Maison Gardiennage are not welcomed in a setting like that being that they are responsible for sending the accumulated amount of convicts down there. Hence why the Fortress has it's own system of specialized gardes on top of its autonomous functionality as a stronghold.