Dramatics

When a complex dynamic changes there comes an awkward phase. Neuvillette is not familiar with proper human emotions so he's quite puzzled by the new developing feelings. In addition there are things he must keep from you as of now, indulging you could pose a small issue.

His actions were definitely unprofessional however his purpose in Fontaine is to learn and understand many unanswered inquiries about his existence, purpose, and place in the world.

For now, while things are not dire he's at peace with his role and your presence in his life though it may be a temporary one, he will cherish it.

As a sentient human with various conflicting emotions there's a lot your simple mind cannot process. There was no clear distinguishing way to describe your changed relationship with Neuvillette other than new and possibly problematic. One thing for certain being, a mutual understanding of admiration at play.

The memory of his elegant features up close, the assertiveness he presented as he managed to charm you. It brought a crimson blush to your face simply recalling it.

Realization of something deeper hits, if it were simple to have a close relationship with him then many would have already. Whatever you were in store for, whatever it meant to be subject of his interest you hadn't the slightest clue yet.

Worry settled in as you weighed the extremes. Would it mean having to step down from your position due to unprofessional relations? You quite liked your job, helping a race coexist with humans. It's what you devote yourself too ever since earning the privilege. If this was publicized would people pry and show disapproval...?

After that night you continued the next day accordingly and normally. Not much had happened so the report would be light yet you felt nervous seeing him after the events of the prior night accompanied with all these worrying thoughts.

"Try not to be so reckless, we heard that loud thud last night."
one of the gestionnaire raised a brow at you upon entering

"What even happened in there, I thought I heard music?"
the other asked

"Oh well um"
you tried to keep a composed face

"Let me guess another theatrical attempt to make him laugh?"
the third one guessed

"I doubt that man ever shows any expression other than serious."

"But that's the appeal to him isn't it?"
they giggles to each other

You allowed them to whisper amongst themselves, they can continue guessing. It's not as if they'll ever get it right. Continuing forth his door he sat at his desk as per usual occupied by assignments.

His serious expression softens seeing you enter,
"[Name], it's lovely to see you."

"Yes! I'm here because it's my job, that I love oh so much!"

He notices your sudden awkward demeanor
"... Good to hear"

Nodding, you rigidly sit across from him to read out the simple report. It should be simple... you've done it many times before. It took you only 2 sentences before you begun stuttering, pausing, and tripping over your own words as you read the rest. How could you read this when he stared at you so endearingly, attentive to your words like such a good listener.

"Is something bothering you?"
he asks too innocently, how could he not be aware of his influence?!

"No, nothing at all. As you know I am very capable at my job, no distractions can stop me."
you reassure, once again emphasizing your job.