'Not Detective'

Neuvillette sat lost in thought about how to calmly approach the situation with little to no escalation. First he'll have to assess the pipes damage on his own but even so it could cause a scene that things are much bigger than they actually are.

Secondly, if it were to come to a real investigation he should think careful about the team. Normally the Marechaussee Phantom would conduct it but since they mainly consist Melusines the people could find it based. Interrupting his train of thought he heard you clear your throat indicating that you haven't left yet,

"Is there something you still need?"

"Well, I was wondering.. Could I join the investigation?!"
you pled enthusiastically

"I'm not sure I can allow that, lawfully you're not a detective to handle this matter"

Fair enough point but you could convince him,
"Technically I am allowed to investigate matters pertaining Melusines."
you remind him

"Yes, however this is a pipe issue."

"That involves the accusation of the Melusine Rohrette. Therefore I should be legally allowed to seek truth of the matter"
It was a stretch but hopefully a convincing one

"You make a fair case however this isn't a proper investigation yet. I need to see the severity of it"

"You know the city will rile up seeing you waltz down there right?"
you warn as if it wasn't his first concern

"Well what do you suggest?"

A bright smile displays on your face as you tell him not to worry. Running off into the city you promised to return later to relay your clever idea. You were overwhelmed from excitement as this was the first ever official 'detective' work you would be a part of.

The people of Fontaine do find entertainment in mystery, drama, and detective themes. Your plan for the first step was foolproof and he'd surely be on board once hearing it.

Passersby's looked at you judgmentally as you skipped from store to store making random and peculiar purchases. You even went into a comic book shop?! It seemed like you had a lot of free time to just spend foolishly. They can assume as they please because you were on a 'legit mission'!

Evening came and you retuned back to Palais Mermonia, hands full of shopping bags and a strawed beverage that you slurped obnoxiously from.

"What the hell? Did you spend the whole day shopping?"
the gestionnaires looked up as you slammed the door dramatically open

"Just business, ladies. Just business"
you repeat in a 'cool' low voice

"Why are they talking like that?"
the other whispered

Continuing fourth you dramatically kick Neuvillette office doors widely open. Strutting inside to make your grand entrance.

"My door..."
he gasps in confusion to your rowdiness

"Oh.. sorry my hands were full"
you awkwardly emphasize the bags

"I see..."

"Now I know what you might be wondering, 'what is this oh so clever idea'"
you say, slowly pacing around the room

"What is this oh so clever idea?"
he entertains your bit