Waltz

Office day rolled around again, this one in particular is a special case. After Neuvillette had seen your cramped closet of an office he offered to share some space in his own vast office with you. You didn't want to abuse the privilege so you'd only accept the offer once in a while.

When he was not at the Opera Epiclese attending trials he spent most of his time at his office in Palais Mermonia. For his position his office must be exquisite and elegant. While he likes the solitude the place feels rather empty at times. He is interested in the letters you receive from the Melusines, when he's walked around the city he once spotted them drawing a endearing pictures to send to you.

Arriving to his office you were imaging where he'd let you sit. On one side of his office he had a really antique but intricate clock though on the other side was a beautiful musical phonograph next to the otter plushy he held hostage. Either way there was plenty of space in that office of his, anywhere would feel elegant to sit.

"Aw that's no fair, you get to spend a day with the Iudex all to yourself."
a whine from the gestionnaire

"I'm not here for leisure, I still have work to do"
dangling the bag of letters you have to go through

Entering his office you felt both nervous and excited, normally anyone wouldn't want their boss monitoring them constantly as they work. He wasn't just any boss, he was Neuvillette and you greatly appreciate him for a whole lot.

You were surprised to see that he had shifted a smaller and lower table right next to his desk. Out of all the space in the room, was it necessary for you to be sat so close to him? You can't help but fear you may get distracted too easily.

"Good morning, just do as you naturally would."
He extends his hand towards the desk invitingly

"Alright, Is there a reason I have to sit so close?"
you questioned, there was plenty of space elsewhere and you didn't want to be a bother either.

"Is there an issue with you sitting here?"
he tilts his head

"Oh, no no. Sorry that must've come off as rude."

"Then please, make yourself comfortable."

It was generous enough to even let you have the privilege to be there so any spot should suffice. If he wanted you sat there then you needn't question his judgement. Wasting no more time you plopped down and dumped the pile of letters onto the desk.

Though he invited you he's still not accustomed to having company. So at the sound of the letters messily falling onto your desk he couldn't help but glance. There was an awkward silent atmosphere at first, you could feel his intensive gaze on you.

"Am I being disruptive?"
you glance back at him

"Not at all, just pretend as though i'm not even here"
he turns back to his own work

"Okay, feel free to do the same. I don't want to get in the way of your important work either."

The awkward silence returns, you would initiate casual conversation if the circumstances were different. So instead you focused deeply onto sorting out the letters. Some of them were in colorful envelopes decorated with adorable stickers.

The first one you opened was from Kiara, a sweet yet forgetful melusine part of the Marechaussee Phantom. She had sent you a self portrait of herself in a frilly designer dress with the caption,