° chapter fifteen

i'm in the palm of your hand, watch me dance just for you

So after many trials, Donghyuck had somehow found himself walking, more like some mix between jogging and running, towards the café

So after many trials, Donghyuck had somehow found himself walking, more like some mix between jogging and running, towards the café. There was two things he learned over the past week of trying to hunt her down, number one is that she was a shit employee and number two the boys and him have horrible separation anxiety.

what kind of barista shows up to work once a week, or not at all?

And as far as the boys go - it doesn't go very far. This entire thing would have been so much easier if he was able to track her down without paying any regard to the company of his friends. A simple, believable lie and he was good to go. The problem was he was terrible at lying, so bad he couldn't even think up one good excuse in the event he was caught talking to her and even if he could, he wouldn't make it very far. Someone would have caught the twitch in the vein of his middle finger of his left hand as he lied and bam, truth would be out. He was also dead set on not telling the boys that he had found his soulmate, that was going to the grave. He was in shock with just how much he underestimated just how hard it would be to get them off his back. Every excuse was shut down quicker than the words left his mouth.

-
"I think I'm gonna go to the café now. I have a free period.""I'll come too.""You literally have a lesson right now."

"I'll skip, it's fine. Let's go."

-

"I'll walk Jisung to his dance club and then meet you guys there."
"Nah, it's fine. We'll all go."
"Jisung's gonna be embarrassed though.
"What? No! He'll be fine. He's not embarrassed, are you Jisung? You're fine with us dropping you off right?"
"Yeah it's cool."
"We were gonna come even if you said no."

-

"I think I'm gonna head home now. I'm tired. You guys should go home too.""Yeah, okay, bye."[literally took the long way to the café to avoid anyone to find Jaemin and Renjun had made a quick stop, he ran away]

-

"I'm going to the toilet."
"We just went."
"I need to pee again."
"I'll come."
"Nah, it's fine."
"It's okay, really. Plus you're nearly done with your work anyway. Just finish it. I'll come back and then we can leave."
"True. True. U-"
"I'm not doing anything."
"Oh yeah, Jaemin can go!"
"Nah man, it's fi-"
"Yeah man, it's fine for me too, let's go."
[gets dragged by the arm to a toilet break he never needed.]

-
He was a stubborn kid sometimes, probably got that from his father.With certain things, his opinions were so deeply rooted, nothing was changing it - nobody finding out about his soulmate was one of them. In other words, he would do anything and everything till he was at that cafe alone with just her. Not even Taeyong or Jaehyun or any of the older boys were going to find out about it. That was going to be hard, he hadn't actually thought of that till now. He decided he would deal with it if she actually showed up, she hadn't in the past week.