° chapter sixteen

oh, i can make it right

"Hello, You've been connected to the reception team of Haepyong High? How may I help you?"

"Hello! Is there anyone I can speak to about admissions? I want my child to join your school at the beginning of the next academic year."

"Admission questions are usually directed towards the Admissions Team not the reception and you can contact them via email. Have you tried that?"

"I have actually, I just hadn't quite received answers with the depth I was hoping for."
She didn't even know they had an email address.

"I could try to connect you the Admissions phone line right now. Would you like me to do that?"

"Is there anyway I can speak to any of the Senior Leadership Team? Perhaps Assistant Head or Head Teacher?"

"We don't usually direct admission questions to the Leadership Team."

"Oh."
That's annoying. Made sense but that wasn't the point.
"Well, in that case, are the admissions team doing in person meetings?"

"Well, yes. They can but usually they are for tours and very special circumstances."

okay, what the fuck do i do know?
"Would you be able to give me the email address of the head teacher? Just in case I can't arrange a ti-"

"We cannot disclose that sort of information to people who are not a part of the school system."

"Alright, is there any way I can book in a tour?"

"Tours are only available to children wishing to transfer."

"Yes, that's alright. My daughter will probably transfer if her sister joins next year. She can take the tour, can't she?"

"Oh, there's another one! Can I take what grade she is in please?"

oh please, let's end this already
"She's in senior year at the moment."

"Oh, we don't advise transfers in senior year just in case it messes with their grades."

"It's fine. She'll be fine. Can we book a tour?"

"Um, sure."

"What times do you have available then?"

"I'll try to book you in after school hours so it doesn't disrupt her schedule but honestly as this is considered a private tour, it will be hard."