Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"How much do you know about the Yize family? Take this back to study on your own, no need to thank me."

On the other hand, there were criticisms.

"Oh my god, aren't all the soldiers Alphas? Unmarked Omegas like this, once they leak pheromones during their heat, what's the point of having an army? The whole legion of Alphas would go crazy."

"Why doesn't an Omega do their proper job? Why not obediently have children?"

...

Ella looked at all the comments and felt overwhelmed. She didn't expect Yize to handle this matter so efficiently and directly.

In her mind, she recalled the image of the man: clear-headed and composed when awake, exuding authority and strength. But during her heat, he had cried in front of her with red-rimmed eyes.

He carried too many labels, which blocked people's view, obscuring the fact that this general named Yize was also a person.

Ella felt a pang of sympathy for him.

However, she didn't have the luxury to dwell on this right now. She needed to figure out how to explain to Ah Hong.

"Ah Hong," Ella leaned on the counter, sticking her head inside.

Ah Hong was sitting on a small stool inside the counter area, wearing only a tank top and oversized shorts, engrossed in something and absentmindedly acknowledging Ella.

"I want to talk to you about something," Ella carefully began.

"Spit it out, what's up. If you have something to say, say it. If you need to vent, shut up." Ah Hong replied indifferently while continuing to browse.

Ella sighed, realizing she had to break the news, "I need to leave for a while."

Ah Hong briefly looked away from her terminal, giving Ella a cursory acknowledgment before returning to her activity. She casually commented, "Alright, just speak your mind. Don't worry, I won't interrupt. I'm on a roll here. Who could catch this Omega? I promise to worship them as the Empire's top Alpha."

Ella choked on her words.

"Well, I really have to leave for some time," she continued hesitantly.

Ah Hong kept her eyes on the terminal and, while still eating her popcorn, replied, "Speak your mind. If you need a break, just shut up."

"Um, I need to leave for a while because... I accidentally marked an Omega," Ella explained while avoiding eye contact.

Ah Hong, having taken another handful of popcorn, stared at Ella.

Ah Hong: What? This is unbelievable! Our family's "cabbage" has grown up and is going to mate with a "pig." It's a joyous occasion, and my heart is filled with contentment.

Ah Hong patted Ella's shoulder.

"Come on, tell me, whose pig is so blind?"

Ella, still reeling from the pats, replied, "It's... it's Yize."

Ah Hong burst into laughter, "Haha! Your joke is so dumb."

Ella remained silent, just looking at Ah Hong.

Ah Hong nearly choked on her laughter and patted her chest several times to regain her composure.

The room fell silent for a full three minutes. Ah Hong and Ella sat on their respective beds, facing each other on two side-by-side single beds.

"Tell me, what's going on?" Ah Hong asked seriously.

Ella recounted the whole story, omitting the part about the seven days with Yize.