Chapter 8

Chapter 8

In the driver's seat was the same driver from before.

"Good morning!" Ella greeted cheerfully.

"Morning!" the driver smiled back at her.

Oh, he's back to being friendly today.

"Are you the dedicated driver?" Ella asked.

"It means I have good driving skills," the driver replied, tilting his chin proudly.

"Alright."

Ella sent a message to Ah Hong, letting her know she would be returning shortly.

Yi Ze watched Ella's joyful departure through the window; she looked like a little bird set free from its cage.

Ella bid farewell to the driver and happily returned to Sunshine Repair Shop.

Pushing open the glass door, Ella yelled, "I'm back!"

Ah Hong's lazy voice came from the back room. "Seems like you really missed coming back."

Ella rushed into the room, picked up the bottle of liquor from the table, and took several large sips.

"Ah, that's refreshing!" Ella gasped. "I was going crazy these past few days!"

Ah Hong glanced at Ella's dress, her eyes lighting up.

Ella felt the intensity of her gaze and turned to shout, "Don't even think about it!"

Ah Hong smirked, "You're such a miser."

Ah Hong turned back to fiddle with her computer. She had three monitors in front of her, and her fingers danced rapidly over the keyboard.

Ella approached, pulled out a cigarette from Ah Hong's pocket, lit it, and took a deep drag. "So, have you found that item this time?"

"Of course, who do you think I am?"

Ella exhaled smoke in Ah Hong's face. "You're the best."

***

Yi Ze arrived at the military base.

Because "Sparrow" had struck again.

"Sparrow" was the code name of a renowned interstellar thief. Each time he or she stole something, a small three-centimeter metal sparrow statue would be left behind at the crime scene.

"Sparrow" had an extremely wide range of operations and had appeared in various star systems. Over the past year, the number of thefts had increased significantly in the capital star. This famous thief had a very whimsical taste and usually targeted expensive collectibles.

No matter what they steal, they always leave a sparrow statue behind in the end.

You could say it's very fair and just.

This time, "Sparrow" had stolen an abstract sculpture from a private art exhibition. It was rumored that beneath the gold plating on its surface, there was a large energy stone carving worth millions of starcoins.

The sculpture's owner was a wealthy businessman involved in arms trading, an Alpha.

Because this wealthy man had extensive contracts with the military, this case was of particular importance and had been assigned to Yi Ze.

Yi Ze personally met with this wealthy man.

This man epitomized the "rolling in wealth" attribute in his appearance. He was huge in size, quite stout, and when he stood in front of Yi Ze, he resembled a moving mountain of flesh.