Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The building.

Due to her hangover, Ella's head felt a bit fuzzy, like smearing dirt on a glass, the more she tried to clear it, the murkier it became.

Ella sat in the seat of the aircraft, her head resting against the window, eyes half-closed, as if in a half-sleeping state.

It wasn't until she saw the vast expanse of green below the aircraft that Ella's eyes widened.

Wow, the Yize family is incredibly wealthy. This extensive forest and mountains could be worth several small planets.

Ella's heart rate suddenly accelerated, and she touched her nose. Oh my, even in this situation, she's thinking about work.

The soldier who was piloting the aircraft seemed quite simple and hearty. He smiled and said, "Hehe, impressive, right? The first time I saw it, I thought I'd died."

"Why would you think you'd died?"

"Because it looked like heaven."

Ella also laughed, but as she was laughing, her smile faded, and she asked the soldier, "Do you believe in heaven?"

The soldier chuckled, "Believe in what? I'm a soldier with a gun. Even if there is a heaven, I doubt I'd get in."

"In that case, it's unlikely for me either." Ella smiled, and her gaze seemed unusually calm.

The soldier glanced at Ella, then, grinning, said, "Sister, that outfit of yours is pretty cool."

Ella smirked, "Isn't it? I think so too."

The soldier burst into a hearty laugh.

"Seeing you so cheerful, your general must be a good person," Ella asked.

The soldier chuckled and said, "Absolutely, our general is great."

Ella asked again, "Why is he so great?"

The soldier glanced at Ella, grinning mischievously, "It's a secret. I can't tell you."

Well, look at you, quite clever.

Ella smiled and closed her eyes.

In his study, Yize was reading military documents that his aide had brought. During this period of ceasefire, there was relatively little work. Yize stood by the window, looking at the distant mountains. His expression was enigmatic, as the temperate environment of the capital star was not what he truly preferred. The distant frontier was where he truly belonged.

On the capital star, there was nothing to hold him.

Yize observed a flying craft landing outside, piloted by a dark-skinned young man who was part of his personal guard.

At the same time, his aide knocked on the door. "General, the person has arrived."

Yize diverted his gaze and followed his aide downstairs.

When Yize saw the woman standing in the middle of the hall, he, who could remain unfazed in the face of the insectoid army, stumbled for a moment.

She was dressed in a white tank top, floral shorts, and red plastic sandals. Ella appeared before Yize in this outfit.

Yize was left somewhat speechless as he looked at her. He couldn't comprehend how the scene had changed so drastically in just one day. It left Yize somewhat unprepared.

Ella had been looking around the opulent hall with a strong scent of wealth before hearing footsteps and turning her gaze toward the direction of the stairs. Yize, however, remained in his deep gray military uniform, collar buttoned up, meticulously put together, calm and serious.