Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ella ignored the gazes cast upon her as she concentrated on being a pendant.

Most importantly, because Ella was now so close, she could faintly smell the pheromones emanating from Yi Ze. That scent made Ella feel extremely comfortable, even in this grand and crowded banquet hall. It made her feel like she was in a serene, relaxing snowfield.

It was almost like a free gift!

In everyone's eyes, Yi Ze's choice for a marriage partner, although an Alpha, didn't appear like one at all. He looked like an Omega, completely infatuated and leaning on Yi Ze, losing all the dignity of an Alpha and tarnishing the reputation of the Empire's Alphas.

In reality, Yi Ze occasionally distracted himself to look at Ella by his side, and he was pleased with Ella's compliant attitude.

He had also long sensed the pheromones emanating from Ella, which made him feel extremely comfortable. There was even a brief moment when he wished they could stay close like this forever, but this thought was quickly extinguished by his rationality.

This thought surprised Yi Ze because he couldn't tolerate becoming dependent on the pheromones of this Alpha.

He could only explain to himself that it was just for the sake of this banquet, nothing more.

The banquet proceeded smoothly, and the head of the Li family took the stage to express gratitude to everyone before approaching Yi Ze with a glass of wine.

"I'm delighted you could come." The head of the Li family was a middle-aged male Alpha, slender in build, with a refined demeanor. He wore sophisticated, gold-rimmed glasses and appeared to be a scholarly professor.

Yi Ze, however, didn't underestimate the seemingly harmless appearance of the Li family head. He knew very well that this man was a shrewd businessman. Since taking on the role of family head, the Li family's position among the nine major families had been steadily rising.

This was an ambitious man, and his reach extended far and wide.

Yi Ze remained composed, offering a very standard, courteous smile, not a degree off from the expected etiquette.

"Mr. Li, it's been a while," Yi Ze said.

"I regret not being able to attend your wedding. I apologize for that," the Li family head nodded slightly, expressing his regret.

"It's alright; your good intentions were received. Thank you."

Ella examined this head of the Li family and had a vague sense of familiarity.

At that moment, an Alpha male burst into the room through the entrance.

"Hey! Where's Yi Ze?!" The Alpha had a flushed face, clearly having had too much to drink, and immediately yelled upon entering.

The people in the banquet hall were originally engaged in hushed conversations, but this sudden shout was particularly conspicuous. Everyone stopped and made way, maintaining their distance from the intoxicated Alpha.

As a result, a vacant space appeared in the middle of the banquet hall, with only this Alpha man standing there, still yelling, "Yi Ze, come out!"

Ella looked at this man, and a memory flashed in her mind. Wasn't this the guy she had tied up and fed leftover food for seven days in the villa?

Yi Ze remained calm, pulled Ella closer, and whispered in her ear, "Don't speak, don't move." Ella nodded obediently.

The head of the Li family's expression changed upon seeing this man.