Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Come on, change your clothes," Ella said to herself. "I swear, I'm such a workaholic."

Seeing the bandage on her waist, Ella paused for a moment, then continued changing her clothes.

***

Military Headquarters.

"General, the 'Sparrow' has appeared again," the adjutant entered with a document and handed Yize a metal sparrow in a transparent bag.

The latest incident happened again on the capital planet, where the stolen item was a relatively old small painting displayed in a public exhibition hall. Even though security measures were not intense, the place was crowded, and yet, during broad daylight, something had been stolen.

Yize opened the surveillance video. The recording showed that a siren had gone off in the middle of the exhibition, drawing everyone's attention. At that moment, a person dressed in black, with a black hat, appeared in front of the painting. The act was so swift that it couldn't be captured by the eye; it seemed as if a mere brush against the painting made it disappear.

Yize played the video frame by frame, but the "Sparrow's" actions were too fast to discern. Afterward, the "Sparrow" seamlessly blended into the crowd, making it impossible to identify them in the surveillance.

Yize keenly observed the video, focusing on the "Sparrow's" waist area. He should have been injured by the electric net, right?

Suddenly, Yize thought of Ella's waist injury, and it seemed like the world had its share of coincidences.

The adjutant said, "General, we also looked into the origins of the stolen items. Some of them couldn't be traced, but the ones we could track were mostly believed to have originated from the former planet Solte."

"Really?" Yize was somewhat surprised. Whether it was a coincidence or not, he had to treat this as a lead and assume a possible connection between the "Sparrow" and the Solte people.

The adjutant reported, "Regarding the black market in the W35 star system where the stolen items appeared, it's hard to determine if Solte people make up the majority of the population. W35's population management system is not yet fully established, and many refugees lack proper identification. The black market is a mixed bag."

Yize nodded and then said, "I recall that Solte people have distinctive features in their appearance."

The adjutant searched for information on the terminal and found it. "I've got an article discussing the Solte people, stating that their irises have numerous tiny bright points that look like... stars. The higher their noble lineage, the more prominent these points are. The name 'Solte' means 'starry sky' in their language."

Yize nodded again. He had indeed studied some of the characteristics of the Solte people long before, though there was not much research available at that time.

Detecting these iris features is a challenge. With today's technology, it's quite simple to conceal or permanently change the color of irises, similar to getting an ear piercing.

The adjutant reminded, "General, in addition, the gallery where the theft occurred belongs to the royal family, and they are pressuring for the swift capture of the 'Sparrow.'"

"I understand," Yize said, studying the map of the W35 star system on the document, his thoughts deepening.

At that moment, a secretary knocked on the door, "General, Mr. Li Ying is here for a visit, and he's waiting in the reception room."

Li Ying, the head of the Li family.

Yize's expression darkened slightly as he got up to meet the guest.