Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

"Thank you, Second Sister," Ella said.

"Oh my, you're so sappy. Go find Ah Hong. That girl is at the auction every day, practically going crazy," Nox pushed Ella out.

"Alright, you keep busy," Ella said, making an inappropriate gesture, then ran off.

Good acting.

Underground auction house.

"Ah Hong!" Ella approached Ah Hong and suddenly called her.

Ah Hong, who had been intently watching the auction items on the stage, jumped in surprise at the sudden shout. Her right hand reflexively reached into her jacket to grab her gun.

"No, no, no! It's me!" Ella quickly grabbed Ah Hong's hand and begged in a low voice.

"Are you crazy?" Ah Hong, realizing it was Ella, was so annoyed her eyebrows practically stood on end, and she seemed ready to shoot her on the spot.

"Don't stay cooped up here; let's go outside," Ella pulled Ah Hong out of her seat.

Outside the underground auction house, there was a pitch-black alley, extremely hidden. The two of them walked along the alley towards the exit, and Ah Hong asked, "Any news?"

"None," Ella replied in a somber tone.

"Ah, I'm so worried, but General Yi Ze is so capable; he'll be fine for sure," Ah Hong said confidently.

"You believe he's fine?" Ella asked.

"You don't also believe?" Ah Hong countered.

Ella remained silent. They walked out of the dark alley and were bathed in neon lights on the street.

Suddenly, Ah Hong revealed a teary-eyed expression, clutching Ella's arm, "Please comfort me. Every time I hear about General Yi Ze, I feel so sad!"

In the light, Ella could see that Ah Hong had changed her appearance. Her once wild brown curls were slicked down with hair gel, and her features were refined with a facial mask. To match the style of this planet, she had put on heavy smoky makeup and even added a nose ring.

"Do you realize how you look now? Pay attention to your appearance," Ella broke Ah Hong's grip, trying to make her see the reality and not act so clingy.

"Shut up," Ah Hong no longer sought comfort, she regained her tough girl demeanor and scolded Ella, "You're just asking for trouble. Don't you know you should disguise yourself before entering that place?" Ah Hong gestured to the underground auction house.

"I don't spend much time in there, don't worry," Ella quickly changed the subject, "Has that item been sold yet?"

"No, with all the commotion due to General Yi Ze's incident, the entire W35 star system is in an uproar. The authorities have sent extra troops to investigate, so I can't afford to make a move."

"Why don't we hold off for now and wait for things to cool down?" Ella suggested.

"We can't afford to wait, Ella," Ah Hong sighed, "You can be assured I will act as quickly as possible."

"Then I'll leave it to you," Ella nodded.

"I'm good on my end. You take care of General Yi Ze's situation first," Ah Hong patted Ella's shoulder, "Treat me to the chicken over there to comfort my grieving heart."

Ella smiled, and they went to eat chicken together.

In fact, Ella really loved eating chicken.

The two sat in the chicken shop, each holding a piece and devouring it, not very elegantly. This eating style was quite common in the W35 star system, and the entire shop had this atmosphere.