Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Ella felt like cursing.

As she thought about the ring, Ella's mind drifted to Yize.

Ella sighed, feeling that she had truly messed up this time, and messed up badly. However, the more she messed up, the more necessary the ring became, and it had to be a ring with an energy stone!

She finished half a pack of cigarettes in one breath. Ella jumped up from her bed, rushed to the storeroom, and began searching. She found the palm-sized engine she had placed in there earlier, the one she had with her when she first met Yize.

Ella meticulously dismantled the engine and retrieved a grain-sized energy stone from it. The stone had a very high purity and was refined by Ella herself.

Ella also ordered a batch of cheap, low-purity energy stones online. The price difference between energy stones was significant, with lower-grade stones being as inexpensive as buying coal.

The stones were delivered within half an hour in several large boxes.

Ella moved a pile of instruments from the storeroom and filled her workbench. She began her extraction work.

Ella carried out this refining process continuously for a week. She took advantage of Yize's absence from the Capital Star and didn't return to the Yize residence at all during this time.

She informed the housekeeper and subtly reminded him not to disturb Yize with trivial matters such as his wife not coming home during his mission. Any distractions for him could lead to unnecessary trouble.

The housekeeper hesitated for a moment but ultimately agreed.

After a week of hard work, Ella was finally satisfied when she saw the high-purity source stone produced by her equipment, with a diameter of 0.5 centimeters and a purity of 100%.

Hooray! The ring was complete!

Ella began to seriously consider the ring's design.

One day, Ella returned to the Yize residence with the finished ring. She decided to personally give it to Yize when he returned.

However, upon her arrival, Ella found the atmosphere in the Yize residence to be quite strange.

"What's going on here?" Ella felt a heavy air throughout the house.

The housekeeper appeared particularly mournful.

"Has something happened to your family?" Ella asked, puzzled.

The housekeeper hadn't spoken yet when Yize's aunt, Zhao Bi, came out from the living room, her eyes swollen as she looked at Ella. "Oh, sweetheart, you're finally back. We've been unable to reach you."

Ella was accustomed to turning off her communicator while working. She asked, confused, "Aunt, why are you here? Has Yize returned?"

As soon as she mentioned Yize's name, Zhao Bi burst into tears again.

Ella had a bad feeling.

"Oh, little Ze, that poor child..." Zhao Bi was sobbing uncontrollably. Yiting came out and embraced Zhao Bi to offer comfort.

"What happened to Yize?" Ella's voice quivered.

Yiting said in a deep voice, "Yize's spaceship was attacked by interstellar pirates during its journey, and the ship was destroyed. Everyone on board the ship perished."

Ella stared at them in disbelief. It couldn't be true. Yize was only on a mission, not a battlefield. Why would such a tragedy occur?

Ella turned and returned to her spacecraft, ignoring the calls from Zhao Bi behind her. She piloted the spacecraft alone and headed directly to the military base.