Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Inside the small tavern, besides a few decent bedrooms, the rest of the place was filled with Betas, undergoing unspeakable training.

Yi Ze appeared calm, his stride steady.

But Ella felt her heart racing...

After passing through several doors, Ella stopped, and Nox stood in the hallway, looking at them.

"Hello, I am Yi Ze," Yi Ze stepped forward and spoke.

Nox smirked, "Hello, General Yi Ze."

Nox gazed at the young general in front of him, with his crisp white shirt and well-fitted black pants, handsome and exuding the cold, military demeanor. He wasn't haughty but distant, polite but not familiar. And he was an Omega, which added to his allure.

Nox winked at Ella, then opened the door behind him. "Come on in."

In the center of the room, there was a control station with the lifelike virtual images of five people displayed. They were the leaders of five interstellar pirate factions.

They hadn't expected to see Yi Ze walk in. Nox stood against the wall, crossing his arms, with an intrigued expression.

"You're quite lucky, kid!" The Alpha man with blue skin in the image laughed heartily, his gaze holding meaning as he looked at Yi Ze. The other Alphas chimed in, their eyes seemingly undressing Yi Ze on the spot.

Ella frowned slightly, watching Yi Ze's back, holding back her words.

Yi Ze stood calmly in front of the five people, unaffected by their lecherous comments.

"I heard you want one billion starcoins?" Yi Ze spoke.

"That's right!" the blue-skinned man replied with a grin. "With the Yi Ze family being so rich, it should be a piece of cake for you!"

Surprisingly, Yi Ze nodded in agreement. "You're right. For the Yi Ze family, this sum is insignificant."

"Wow, the young general is quite generous!"

"Rich people indeed have a different attitude, how refreshing."

The interstellar pirates continued to exchange words amongst themselves.

"However," Yi Ze's tone shifted, "I won't give you a single cent."

Yi Ze's voice was calm, with a clear and resolute tone that carried weight.

The interstellar pirates stared at Yi Ze.

"You heard me correctly. No money will be given, because regardless of the outcome, you will tell the truth." Yi Ze calmly addressed the virtual images of the pirates.

"If you don't speak, you will be pursued relentlessly by the Empire's First Legion, with no respite." Yi Ze's voice, for a moment, seemed to carry a tinge of bloodlust, yet the tone didn't sound like a threat but more like stating an established fact.

The interstellar pirates suddenly felt a chill run down their spines. At this moment, they were truly awakened to the situation. Standing before them was the Commander of the First Legion, despite his young age. He had spent a decade battling the insect race on the front lines, earning himself great renown.

They had foolishly underestimated him due to the exposure of his Omega status. Their contact had promised that as long as Yi Ze was eliminated, the Yi Ze family wouldn't pursue the matter further. Most importantly, the sum offered was so substantial that it was impossible to refuse.

They hadn't expected that despite the intense bombardment during the siege, this Omega had survived!

The interstellar pirates exchanged glances and suddenly blurted out the name of their employer, each hoping that the first to confess might receive a lighter punishment. While space pirates were always renegades, being pursued by the Interstellar Police and by the First Legion were entirely different matters.