chapter 18

Back at agrest mansion everything was well decorated and lively for once. Everything was to celebrate the return of Emily agrest.

Adrian was happy that his mother was back but still confused about the fact that why his father concealed that his mother was in an accident and was comatose for years. But he didn't get around to asking his questions as his father was always hovering around his mother.

Adrian wasn't used to seeing his father so affectionate. So tended to keep his distance from him. But his mother.... He loved her. He missed her so much... Much more that he could ever imagine. The first time she hugged him he cried for hours. Hw was so grateful to have her back.

It's been a few weeks since his mother woke up and Today was the day they officially introduce her to everyone. He was excited to introduce his friend to his mother.

But when he saw every one of Adrian's friends at the party he somehow felt something or someone was missing... But everyone was there... even Luka, kagami and Chloe... but the feeling never went away... He has been feeling this was for a while now but with his mother back he pushed that feel of emptiness to the back of his mind but now that feeling drowned him. He couldn't push it back anymore.

It wasn't until his father asked him where one of his friends was that he finally understood where that feeling of loss came from.

" Adrian, where is miss dupain-cheng?"

Even his mother asked about her.

" yes, is she not coming?"

He didn't know. He didn't know where she was... he hadn't seen her... he didn't remamber the last time he last saw her... when was the last time he thought of her?... did he even think of her...? yes... he did... when his cousin called him asking about her... for the most part he had forgotten about her... why? marinette has been one of his longest friends.

" why would she be here aunty? she and adrian are no longer friends. after all adrian doesn't want to be friends with a bully."

Laila spoke up before Adrian could do anything. But really, was he going to stop her? What she said wasn't wrong. Was it?No...Marinette did bully her... Right? But the words Felix spoke was ringing in his ears.

But his train of thoughts was cut off.

" What do you mean?!"

It was Chloe who was the first to Stan up for Marinette. She probably would have jumped on Laila if not for Luka holding her back.

" You lying snake! What do you think you're doing here?! Get out! Your not welcomed here!"

" I don't think you have any right to say if she's welcomed here or not. She's Adrian's friend and he invited her. So you should know your place"

Chloe probably expected a retort but she wasn't expecting it from Alia of all people. That alone was enough to make her speechless.

" Alya she just called your best friend a bully. Why are you taking her side" Luka was confused to say the least. Chloe or he was expecting this Bezar situation when they came back to Paris.

Luka couldn't help but look at his sister. But she just shook her head and looked away. He was even more confused. What made him more uncomfortable was what Alya said next.

" She doesn't deserve to be my friend. She was just playing innocent to deceive people. She's the real snake."

Her words had so much venom it shocked them to their core.

"Alia?!!"

Before they could argue about anything else Gabriel cut them off.

" Adrian"

His father's tone of voice shocked him. His father sounded angry. Granted he had seen his father angry before countless times but after his mother woke up he has never once seen his father angry.

"Y-yes, father?"

"Tell me clearly what happened to miss dupain-cheng "

It was an order and the cold look in his father's face was more scary then in the past. It was the look in his father's eyes that made him more scared. Then cold look of disappointment and something else he couldn't figure out.

But the more he spoke the more disappointment he could see in his father's eyes. What hurt him more was his mother was looking as him with the same disappointment as his father.