Chapter 3

On the other side, I was still in wolf form, but Midna was now on my back, with the shield on her face and the sword in her hands

"Hmm, so these are the weapons you use in your world?" she said, before just wildly swinging the sword around with no control. Of course I was no better, I always refused to learn swordplay, because it wasn't ladylike, which I tried to be so I would be more accepted. A mark of my past with the other kids my age, except Ilia teasing me. Still it might have come in handy if I ever regained human form. I still had to duck my head to avoid having it cut off though. "You really think this thing can slay the creatures of Twilight?... well, I won't use these, but I'll hang onto them for you!" Here she snapped them away. "Alright a promise is a promise... I trust you enough to help. In exchange for my help though. I need you to gather some things for me."

At this I looked back at her with raised eyebrows, wondering what she wanted.

"Look, I can't tell you all the details now, but it'll be easy. Trust me," Midna said, before we heard a noise. "But enough of that. Do you hear that noise? It is the lamentation of the spirit that had its light stolen...where in the world could it be? Eee hee! Better get going don't you think? Don't blame me for your worlds fate if you don't hurry up and find that light! Come on! Snap to it!"

Muttering under my breath at her bossiness, I continued on until I was stopped by another barrier and three shadow beasts dropping down.

"Aww, we're pinned in again. Ugh, who do they think they're dealing with? No need to take these little pests on one at a time right? You can take them all on at once! So... you can handle this by yourself, can't you?" She said before floating out of the way.

She is so annoying. I thought due to how she was acting. Now how do I fight these... wait a minute. Focusing I called upon my magic in a maneuver I had only done in training against stationary dummies, while human, but it was the best chance I had. It spread around me until it enveloped the shadow beasts, and I blitzed forward, tearing the throat out of each of them before they could react. This caused them all to die, and the portal they fell out of to turn green.

"Well now," Midna said looking at me with a smirk. "It appears the Twilight had even more effect on you then just turning you into a wolf if you can use twili magic like that. Good thing too. When they hunt in a pack, they can release a screech that brings the fallen back to life when there is only one left."

I had no idea, considering it was my magic and I'm not from the Twilight, but I couldn't talk to her, and so just continued on to the spirit sprin, where we saw the spirit had been reduced to just a few sparkles in the air.

"Please... be careful... these woods... have changed... the dark clouds of dusk cover this land in Twilight. In this twilight those who live in the light... become as mere spirits... it's a place... where the dark ones and evil creatures dwell." He said.

For some reason I felt insulted at that but listened as he continued.

"I... am a spirit... of light... red eyed Beast... look... for my light... retrieve the light stolen by the dark beasts... and keep it... in this vessel." He said giving me the Vessel of Light, before marking my map. "In the shadows of Twilight... the dark insects are as... invisible... as normal beings are here... let me use the last of my power... to reveal the locations of the dark insects... that consumed the light... find... the insects of darkness... the dark insects... they are the form taken by evil... once it has latched onto... our scattered light..."

With that we continued on our way. I saw two sparks running around, past a deku baba, and used my senses, revealing it to be two of the dark insects, which killed, releasing the tears of light I then collected. I then moved on, seeing another go past the gate further in, but also noticed the map, which had two by the lantern sellers house. When I got there I had to jump into an open window, and down several boxes where I saw he was terrified of them. After killing them, I left by the same window, and headed to the gate, before digging under it to get to the other side and kill the bug there, before heading through the tunnel to the area with poison fog, and killed another dark insect on the wall.

Now how do I get past here. I wondered, looking at the fog, which I could not cross and the map said I needed to get past, before noticing something near the wall with the insect I had just killed. Perfect.

I then jumped from root to cliff face, then up a cliff, and across pillars to get to the central tree stump, where I killed two more dark insects, before continuing on, jumping up higher by the branches, and roots(and pass a swinging branch tangled in a vine) until I got to the land near the exit toward the forest temple, where I dug up two more bugs, that I then killed.

After that, I continued on to the forest temple, only to get stopped near that shop run by a bird by another barrier, and more shadow beasts. These had two together far apart from the second so I could not get it at the same time. Luckily if I got it first then I could get the other two together so they couldn't bring the others back like Midna warned me about. I attacked the first once, wincing as I felt its blood in my mouth as I bit it over and over again, before using the energy attack I used earlier to destroy the last two at the same time. And was about to continue on when I noticed someone had somehow removed a bridge and placed it propped up against a wall.

Shaking it off, I continued on my way, coming up to a female monkey spirit near the webbed off entrance to the forest temple crying for help from the last two dark insects, which I destroyed, getting the last of the light.

"Someone... someone helped me..." the female monkey said looking around, and sighing before looking at the entrance. "Boy, lucky for me... ever since the boss went funny in the head, there've been scary monsters everywhere... those village kids got led through the woods for some reason... the whole forest is so wierd now... what's happened?"

Twilight happened, but at least now I know the kids are no longer in the forest. I thought before feeling the vessel of light teleport me back to Faron while releasing a powerful light that dispelled the Twilight and turned me back to human.