Chapter 24

In the chamber was several chains running into the ground. And a pillar with a rail path. When we reached the top after destroying a group of five shadow beasts we found another spinner indention. When activated it sunk the statue into the ground while raising the pillars the chains are attached too, pulling the chains, and the black rock they were wrapped around into the air. It also raised a platform with the Mirror of Twilight. Though we couldn't see it from here.

Midna floated up, only to pause, and scream in despair. Me, Linkette, and Saria looked at each other before running up to the mirror, where we discovered it had been shattered, and only a quarter of it remained. Midna was crying in despair at the base. The three of us rushed to comfort her, though as I passed I saw an image in the mirror showing my mother Ruby.

As we comforted her she eventually calmed down but was still sad.

"Hey," Saria said with a smirk, she must have learned from Midna. "How about I tell you something to take your mind off things."

"What," Midna asked.

"The story of the first time I played hide and seek with Linkette," she said, causing Linkette's eyes to widen.

"Oh come on," Linkette whined, "I was only 2."

"It's still funny," Saria said, "and that's what we need."

"True," Linkette sighed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She tried to hide in a hole in the ground in the forest," Saria said with a smirk. "But she didn't realize it was already occupied by baby wolfos, who crawled all over her," me and Midna's eyes widened at that. "Then the momma wolfos came, and she had been blinded, before. She got by using scent. And Linkette was so covered by the baby wolfos that she smelled like one. When I found them the mama wolfos was grooming her."

Me and Midna couldn't hold in our laughter at that we suddenly stopped when glowing beings appeared on all but one of the pillars.

"A dark entity lurks in the Twilight..." they said. "It houses an evil power... you who are guided by fate. Hear us. At the command of the goddesses we sages have guarded the Mirror of Twilight since ancient times. You seek it, but the Mirror of Twilight has been fragmented by mighty power. That magic is a dark power only He possesses...his name is... Ganondorf."

At that we gasped knowing it was the enemy Linkette and Saria had faced.

"He was the leader of a band of thieves who invaded Hyrule in the hope of establishing dominion over the Sacred Realm." They continued. "He was known as a demon thief, a wielder of evil magic renowned for his ruthlessness... but he was blind... in all his fury and might he was blind to any danger, and thus was exposed, subdued, and brought to justice. Yet... by some Divine prank... he, too, had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods. His abiding hatred and lust for power turned into purest malice... perhaps that evil power has been passed on to Zant."

"You're just now figuring out where Zant got his power?" Midna asked. "It's far too late..."

"Only the true leader of the Twili can utterly destroy the Mirror of Twilight..." the sages said. "so Zant could merely break it into pieces. Once broken by magic the Mirror of Twilight became fragments that even now lie hidden across the land of Hyrule. One is in the Snowy mountain heights... one is in an ancient grove... and one is in the heavens... you who have been sent by the goddesses, you should be able to gather the tree pieces. But you must be prepared, for a dangerous power resides in those fragments."

With that the sages disappeared.

"I'm sorry," Linkette said looking down

"Why?" I was confused.

"It was my job to stop Ganondorf," Linkette explained, "I failed."

"You didn't fail," Midna sighed, "they said he had been brought to justice. That means you did your part. They are the ones that failed. Not you."

"Thanks," Linkette said.

"Come on," Navi said, "let's go ask that group in Telma's bar about the Snowy mountain heights the sages mentioned first. We need to collect those fragments to finish the job."

The rest of us sighed before warping out.