Chapter 12

When I woke up I was no longer in pain, and the first thing I saw was Saria's fox form, and Linkette's kitten form, though they looked bigger. I was now around the same size as them. Much to my confusion. which was only expanded when I looked around and saw Midna laughing her head off nearby.

"You're awake!" they said, cuddling up to me, making me feel happy for some reason. "Thank you for saving us."

"You're welcome," I said, "but why are you bigger?" I don't think I could do the same thing now."

This caused Saria to stiffen. "That is my fault. You were so I hired I tried to heal you, but I'm not used to using magic as a fox, and healing magic is already more difficult then normal magic. I must have done something wrong. You were healed, but you also shrunk to your current size. Midna knows what happened but just laughs every time we ask. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I smiled. "At least I am still alive."

"We better get a move on," Midna said, calming down. "The spirit spring should be around here, so let's get looking."

We sighed before starting our search. We ended up near a spirit house.

"Hurrm. I'm too old for this." He sighed. "Fyer and Falbi's Watertop Land of Fantactication...it's our grand reopening at our new lake bottom location... where. Hurrm. Yeah... nice lake... don't lakes have more... I don't know... water? Did the Zoras who live upriver do something? Or is it a curse from that Spirit that floats around up there? Whatever... it's not like I can go up and complain... that's way too high. Whuzzat? A customer? Yikes a MONSTER!"

We went after the monster to calm him down when we were surprised that the shadow bulbin used hawk grass to summon a giant shadow kargarok. After knocking its rider off and destroying it, Midna decided to take over and become it's new Master. Hey! Why don't we use this guy to get all the way to the lake's water source? Cant get to the spirit spring without returning the water.

I then yelped as she had the Kargarok grab be in its claws, while I yelped when Saria grabbed onto my tail with her teeth, and felt her do the same when Linkette grabbed her tail the same way. We then got flown that way through the entire river to the Upper Zora River.

"Ah... we're already here?" Midna said, "that bird turned out to be more useful then I expected. Well then... where's the village of the Zoras... let's look for it. It's getting cold. Hurry up!"

We then followed the dried up river shivering when we started walking in areas covered in ice.

"Oh... hey... what's going on here?" Midna asked when we saw the domain was frozen so much that the river stopped. "I thought it was getting colder... but who would've thought it would all be frozen?! This is the Zora Village right? Why don't I see any then? Well... let's check things out. Let's find the Zoras."

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Linkette said. "Last time me and Saria were in the Domain, it was behind a waterfall, and it looked like that is frozen."

"Then let's check the source, maybe it will give us a clue." I said.

With that we jumped from ice platform to ice platform making our way up. We saw there was a frozen over hole that we could not enter so we kept going to the very top where we saw three shadow beasts.

"Can you still fight them with your new size?" Saria asked me worriedly.

"I'll be fine," I responded. "For these enemies I use a magic based attack. Luckily Twilight based magic is very adaptable to animal bodies."

"Yeah," Saria sighed.

"Hey, I'd rather be shorter than dead," I responded. Before going to destroy the Shadow Beasts.

"A portal has opened here too!" Midna said, "we can finally warp. If you want to breathe the air of the world of light for a moment let me know. I'll take you there!"

"Look below the ice!" Saria suddenly cried, getting us to pale when we saw the frozen Zora.

"Those... those are the Zoras!" Midna gasped. "Wow... this is really strange... what in the world happened? Hey... what do you want to do? We can't just leave them like this... I think all we need to do is thaw them out..."

"I got it!" Linkette cheered, even Midna realizing that she knew what to do. Especially when she got the map out, and pointed to a place on the map. "There is a volcanic rock here we can use to melt the ice."

"Something there we can use?" Midna asked, seeing where Linkette was pointing, getting a nod. "Then let's go. You two better go outside out of the way. I don't know how fast what she wants will melt the ice, and if it is very fast you could be washed away."

Me and Saria nodded and left as they warped away. We got outside and to the side of the entrance, but didn't have time for anything else as a massive wave of water came rushing out, melting the ice and continuing on to fill the currently fast moving river. Seeing that we headed back in and saw Linkette on a piece of land that encircled the water, just as they were turning to leave.

"Looks like your idea worked," I said, "good job. That was fast."

"It was close to the portal," Linkette explained, as we started to leave.

"Wait..." a voice said, as a female ghost zora appeared in front of them. "Please allow me to thank you for revitalizing both my people and this spring which is the water source for all the lands of Hyrule. In life I was the elder of this Zora Village and queen of my people. I was called Rutela."

"Not to be rude, but we didn't exactly do it for you guys. These three are on a mission, and needed to restore the water as part of it."

"Be that as it may," Rutela said, "the dark ones... they raised this village and as a message to my people executed me before them. Young girls. You three who take the form of proud beasts. I have something to ask of you. When the dark ones descended I sent my young one Ralis to Hyrule Castle to inform Princess Zelda of our fate. But... I fear danger followed him from this doomed place. I feel it. His presence grows fainter to me over time. But my time in this world has passed, and though I would give it gladly, i no longer have a life to risk in his rescue. Please, would you save my dearest Prince Ralis? If you do this thing I will bestow upon you the protection of water. This power will let you swim and respite in very deep water as if you were a Zora. Please... save my son..."

With that she disappeared.

"Hmm," Midna said, "so if we help her she will grant you three the power to swim in deep water like a Zora, huh? So what do you say heroes? Oh, but now that I think about it, I don't think you should meet with the prince as animals. So, no hurry to return you to the world of light then?"

With that we left and jumped into the speed up river to let it take us to the lake. Unfortunately that also knocked us out. Luckily when we woke up we were right in front of the spirit spring that we then entered.