Chapter 26

We first warped to Zora Domain, and while still in animal form, headed down due to being faster, and snow areas being cold and our fur helping with that. On the way we stopped as we past the scent trail of something very stinky. Before continuing on to Snowpeak. Where we saw Ashei who noticed us.

"What are you three doing here?" she asked, petting us, "this mountain is colder then normal, with a blizzard going on. It's also dangerous. A white beast has been stealing red fish. I recently found out the fish are reekfish. A very stinky fish from the village. But if it eats meat it might eat you three as well. You should go back."

"Knowing our luck it probably has the mirror shard," Saria said.

"So follow that stinky scent to it?" I asked.

"Sounds right," Linkette agreed as we took off, ignoring Ashei's calls for us to come back.

First we followed the scent across some ice floes. Up the mountain dodging ice wolfos and getting a poe soul along the way. We did take a detour when one of the Dodgers caused us to notice another poe soul out of the way. We then climbed several ledges getting us out of the blizzard, and passing by another poe soul nearby. Of course the blizzard was difficult for our animal forms, and would have been even more difficult for our human forms. Both are young, and not suited at all for this weather.

All three of us, even with our fur covered in ice and shivering. Even more when we followed the scent further up and ended up not paying attention to where we were going. We ran head first into a wall, dropping a pile of snow on top of us.

"S... so... cold," Linkette, the smallest of us said, shivering when we dug our way out as we nodded. We then continued on our way, only to whine when we realized we had to dig into a cave.

Inside we saw two ice blocks making it even colder and a ladder we had to climb, as humans. I quickly changed back and used my cannon to destroy the ice blocks in order to make things warmer, though it didn't help much, it did reveal another poe soul, that Saria claimed before they took human form as well, and we all climbed up, while very cold, and shivering. On the other side were steep ledges our animal forms were too small to climb, and none of us wanted to shrink down to be carried up. With how cold it is at our current size we'd be done for if we shrank. So we climbed up the ledges, and then up the vines to a door that we opened.

Outside we found the Beast with a reek fish, but as we made our way to it in human form we had to first destroy three shadow beasts. Before we approached with magic ready, when he noticed us.

"Uh! Whoa-oh!" he spoke to our surprise, "human children up here? This even more surprising then shiny mirror piece Yeto find. But so small. And cold. "I brought fish to make meal for sick wife uh! I make hot meal for you too. Warm up so no die of cold. Come we slide to house."

With that he punched the tree, causing a leaf to fall down before grabbing us in one hand, and the fish in the other, and sliding down the mountain to his home so fast Ember and Navi had been left behind, where he put us down.

"HereI make soup," Yeto said, cooking the fish into a soup quickly. "You have some. It warm you up."

"Thank you," I said, putting some in a bottle as we moved to the next room while he was focused on the soup.

"So we warm up, then find where he hid the mirror shard?" Linkette asked, getting a nod.

"How do we warm up?" Saria asked, "this room has ice on the floor. Not very helpful for warmth."

"Well," Linkette said, "the soup is warm, I could shrink us small enough to swim in it without smelling the fish. That would warm us up."

"That works!" we agree as we set the bottle of soup down, and jumped above it as we shrank down and landed inside it after a long fall.

Looking around I noticed we were so small we could walk on top of the soup.

"Oh oh," Linkette muttered.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I shrank us so small I ran out of magic," Linkette sighed.

"I have green chu jelly," Saria said, "It has the same effect as green potion so you can use it once we warm up."

"Thanks," Linkette said before looking around. "I don't think I've ever been this small."

"Same!" we agreed before we heard loud rumbles, before the soup started moving. "Whoa!"

We looked up only to pale when we saw a normal sized Midna about to eat the soup, and us!

We tried to stay in the bottle but it was too late as we were carried into Midna's mouth and down her throat.