Chapter 13

"I am... the last of the spirits of light... consumed by twilight..." the spirit said, as we stood by him on the ledge. "Heroines... chosen ones of the gods... you have... done well to make it this far... gather... my scattered tears of light... that were stolen by shadow... gather them... in this..."

With that he gave us the Vessel of Light, and marked our map.

"I am sure... that you know by now... the forms... that these dark insects take... when they steal... our light..." the spirit said. "In this shadow... realm of twilight... the insects... are invisible... like the humans... of this world... collect... my light... lift the final cloud of twilight... that threatens to cover... all of hyrule..."

When we left the spring we saw a shadow insect head up the nearby path.

"After it!" I called as we chased it to a platform between two bridges.

We then headed across the bridge and spread out, to keep searching when the Shadow Beasts appeared. Each of us drew them until they were close to each other and I used my magic to finish them off. We then continued on to the last platform on the path where we found the second Shadow Insect. We then checked the map and swam across the lake to the Shadow Insect near some hawk grass that we had to use to get the next three via kargarok rides.

"I really hope we never have to do that again," I say, licking my tail to help the pain, once the ride was over.

"Agreed," Saria said doing the same.

"I'm sorry," Linkette said, being the only one not having ridden the entire way with a tail being bitten.

"It's fine!" we said before looking at each other and giggling.

We then headed to a nearby set of wooden stairs. Linkette went under to drive the Shadow Insect there out, and right into the waiting jaws of Saria.

"Nice one," I laughed.

"Thanks," Saria said. "Now where?"

"Well..." Linkette said looking at the map. "It looks like we can either head up to Zora's Domain, or take that water path to north hyrule field, and from there go to Hyrule Castle."

"Or we could split up," Saria suggested. "Get them done faster like we did in Eldin."

"That will work," I agree. "I'll take the castle. Theres no portal over there, so Shadow Beasts might be hidden along the way. If so I will find them."

"We'll take the domain, then," Linkette agreed.

With that we split, me taking the water path and them continuing on to the domain.

"I hope they'll be okay," I think as I find myself whining after I miss them.

"Don't be so sad," Midna chided. "You have a job to do."

"Yes mistress," I mutter, not that she can understand me right now. After getting out of the water I shake myself dry, and head to the castle, finding three Shadow Beasts on the way, by the entrance.

Continuing on, I found a shadow insect outside Telma's Bar, and and went inside to check on Ilia for a while before checking the map, finding there was only one Shadow Insect left and it was in the middle of the lake. Warping to Lake Hylia I found Linkette and Saria already fighting it, and this one was more of a bloated queen bug, then the normal shadow insects. Though this did send my heart into my throat at the time, seeing Linkette and Saria battle something like that on their own.

I rushed over where they looked at me.

"Oh good, you're here," Saria sighed in relief. "We can knock it down with our attacks, but then it pops out six legs that have to be destroyed at the same time, like the shadow beasts, and we can't do that."

"Got it!" I said. "Just knock it down. I'll do the rest."

I then saw Saria and Linkette work together to knock it down again, and with a grimace I jumped on to its floating bloated stomach between six legs and released my magic attack, destroying all six legs, at the same time, thus destroying the shadow insect and collecting the last vessel of light, returning us to normal.