Chapter 4

Looking around I saw the twilight was gone, and Midna's shadow was in front of me.

"Aww, but it was so great here in Twilight..." Midna said, to which I had to agree it did feel nice. "What's so great about a world of light anyway?"

Midna then looked at me, only to pause in shock. "Why do you look like a twili?"

Confused, I looked down, and saw that while I still had my hair clips and boots, my clothes had been replaced with a black dress with far more detailed blue markings stitched in it. "I don't look like you. And except for the dress, I still look the same. It has far more detailed markings than my normal clothes do though."

"I look like this because of a curse. Normally I look similar to you," Midna explained. "So why do you look like that?"

"Like I said, it's similar to my normal clothes," I shrugged. "They just feel right."

"There is a reason for that," a voice said, as the spirit spring shone as and the spirit of light appeared looking like a monkey, and causing both me and Midna to grimace at the bright light. Me less than her. "My name is Faron, I am one of the spirits of light that dwell in hyrule. By order of the gods I protect this forest. Oh brave youth... you are only half Hylian, your mother was a twili that managed to escape the twilight realm and find love in this world. This gives you resistance to both light and Twilight, but not immunity. Too much of either will overcome the resistance and change you, or destroy you."

"What?" Midna said in shock. "You're half twili?!"

"That does explain my magic," I noted calling it to my hands, to Midna's surprise. Before I had a thought and explained my dreams. "Do those dreams have to do with me being half twili?"

"That is the Twilight Realm," a subdued Midna said, "the dreams, the magic, it's true. You're half twili."

"Yes," Faron agreed. "Although the fact that in the land of Twilight, where people roam as spirits, the change you underwent when your resistance was overwhelmed was into a red eyed beast. That was a sign... it is a sign that the powers of the chosen one are with you... and that they are awakening. The power of the ancient hero is yours. Though they were created for a male, so the gods of hyrule, with help from the gods of Twilight made that dress for you. Your name is Luna. You are the hero chosen by the gods. Brave Luna. A dark power rests in the temple deep within these woods. It is a forbidden power. Long long ago: I and the other spirits of light locked it away. Because of its power it should never be touched by those who dwell in the light. But the world weeps beneath a mantle of shadows and so there is no choice... you must match the power of the king of shadows. Hopefully your half twili nature will protect you. If you would seek this forbidden power, then proceed to the temple in the forest depths."

With that he disappeared.

"So what do you want to do now? Want to head to that temple? Well isn't that convenient. I was about to head there myself." Midna said before noticing how nervous I am. "Hey look... you want to help your friends right? The way I see it. Maybe they're in that temple. Waiting for you to rescue them."

"From what the monkey said they were led through the forest somewhere else." I said shaking my head. "But... how am I supposed to be the hero. In an attempt to fit in I never learned how to use weapons. The only thing I can do is use my self trained magic to fight. But that won't work against the enemy we face."

Midna just looked at me before sighing, and snapping her fingers, causing a mirror to appear floating in midair. "This is my personal weapon, the darklight mirror. Designed to be used with twili magic. I can't teach you how to use light realm weaponry, but I can teach you how to use this, as well as help train your magic. But know it is only a loan and in return you will have to aid me to the best of your abilities. And you will call me Mistress."

"Thank you and I agree, Mistress," I agreed knowing it was the best chance of saving the kids.

We spent the next several hours with her teaching me. But in the end I learned several moves. The darklight mirror was mainly used to use summons, and light, but was still useful in other ways. And the summoned cannon, was very cool. Midna was very happy when we found out that one of the attacks, that normally summoned Twilight wolfos turned me into a giant Twilight wolfos version of myself, with a non cursed Midna riding my back. She was less happy when she turned back to imp form when the attack was done. I got the feeling I would be using that technique a lot for Midna. We then continued on our way, and used the magic Midna taught me to turn into Twilight particles, and go through the bars to the tunnel, before using the ability to float she taught me to get over the poisonous fog. And the ability to become a shadow to sneak past the glowing golden wolf that I instinctively knew was out of my league. Then I just used my lantern to burn the webs blocking the forest temple and entered.