Chapter 25

When we arrived at Telma's Bar, we met a sad Telma and the group was gone.

"Hey Telma!" we said walking up.

"Hello you three," she sighed, "I'm guessing you heard what happened."

"What happened?" Saria asked, "we just got back from the desert, and came to find out where to find Snowy Mountain Heights for the next part of our quest."

"I guess not," Telma sighed. "The Snowy Mountain Heights sounds like Snow Peak Mountain. The location is on the map. Ashei is currently there. The rest of the group left in a hurry after the news showed up soon after she left. I'll tell you once you have the information you need. You probably won't stick around afterwards either."

That didn't sound good, but we checked the map for the location before heading back to Telma.

"Shortly after Ashei arrived young Colin showed up, crying." Telma sighed, getting us worried. "He had been in the field retrieving something Renado needed for that Zora boy when he saw a blinding flash from Kakariko. When he ran to check it out he found Kakariko had been destroyed. The others went to check it out, and look for any survivors."

"No..." I said before changing to an animal and having Midna warp me there. Not even caring that Telma saw.

When I arrived my eyes went wide in shock mat what I was seeing. I barely noticed Linkette and Saria arriving and staring as well as Midna turned us into humans, while she was in shock.

Kakariko was destroyed, all that was left was some rubble in a small crater. Even the Spirit Spring was nothing more then a small puddle, smaller then Linkette's animal paw, and she was the smallest of the three of us in animal form. Even the cliffs had been destroyed. Looking around we found Shad and Aru sitting on the rubble of Renado's home.

"Aru, Shad!" I called running up to them. "What happened? Is everyone all right?"

"The village was attacked," Aru said. "Colin was out of the village, and the only survivor in the village is Ilia who we found in the cellar. But other then saying Malo led her to safety, she won't say anything. Our last member took the two of them and returned them to Ordon Village, while we looked for more survivors, but found none. Males sense with what happened to the spirit spring."

"It's been destroyed," Shad sighed, "all that is left is a tiny puddle. It has happened before. Rarely, but noone knows why or how. It will be awhile before the spring recovers, but before it's spring was destroyed the spirit would have tried it's best to protect the village. If something can destroy the spring then there is no chance for survivors. This is a tragedy. I can't even be happy that we found the sky cannon in the rubble of a hidden room of the cellar. It is damaged as well, but still connected to the city in the sky I am focused on, but finding it at the cost of the town. I just can't work up any excitement or desire to fix it."

We all fell silent before leaving. Once alone we warped to one of the warp points we could be alone at, and just sat there thinking about what happened.

"This is what happens when you don't focus on the quest, let's go," Navi said only to be slapped by Ember before the three of us reacted at her disregard of what happened. Me and Linkette instinctively blasting Navi with Twilight magic sending her slamming into the wall where she fell to the ground as Saria summoned a plant, specifically a Venus Fly Trap, that trapped Navi inside.

"We won't be any help like this," Ember told the struggling fairy in a flower, "we need to recover first."

"For the Twili, we mourn by distracting ourselves during the day or what passes for day in the Twilight Realm, and telling stories about them at night, or what passes for night there." Midna said. "With two of you being part Twili, maybe that will work?"

"Worth a try," I said.

We spent the next week training during the day, practicing our magic and Saria and I taught Linkette what we knew of Twilight, and Forest magic. Midna even decided to practice using the Ordonian sword she got earlier in the quest, since her magic is already trained. At night I would tell stories about the ones I knew in Kakariko, while we ignored the fairy still struggling to escape the flower. Surprisingly it worked, and when the week is up we freed Navi and continued on our way.