Chapter Six

~ Gender Reveal ~
Jamal Murray- 6 months pregnant
Denver, Colorado
3:30pm,

The Gender reveal party took place at the Murray-Briscoe residence in Denver. However, Nikola Jokic appeared at the gender reveal party and it would make Isaiah Briscoe mad. "Oh hi there Nikola, how's it going?" Jamal went to him. "Been great, yourself?" "I'm doing just fine Nikola," Nikola was the confidant to Jamal when he revealed to him that he wasn't there for him during the birth. Nikola had wished he could've been there to help Jamal give birth to a baby. (I wonder what would happen if Nikola falls in love with Isaiah's pregnant wife.)

"I know Nikola, but I'm fine with the family being there when I went in labor with Isabelle and Alivia," Jamal said while trying not to let Isaiah interfere with the conversation since he would be jealous of Nikola for talking to him behind his back. However, Isaiah was starting to become very upset with Nikola. "Babe, this is Nikola Jokic," "Hi Isaiah Briscoe, I'm Nikola Jokic. Nice to meet you," Nikola shook his head. "Hi Nikola, I'm Isaiah. Pleasure to meet you," Meanwhile at the party, Nikola explains to Isaiah that he wasn't here to cause trouble due to the fact that he was talking to Jamal, he wanted to be the friend. "I know you love Jamal, but I wanted to spend more time with him and your kids. Not only that, he's my teammate and a great friend,"

Isaiah sighs but agrees. "Alright then, but if you try to flirt with my pregnant wife, do me a favor and stay away from him," "Babe, it's okay. Don't even worry about it," Jamal reminded him. Isabelle and Alivia went to their mother.

Isabelle: Mommy are you okay?

Alivia: why is daddy mad at uncle Nikola, Mommy?

Jamal Murray: I don't know babies, your mommy is friends with uncle Nikola, but I don't understand why he's been like that.

Isaiah overhears Jamal's words as he goes to him.

Isaiah Briscoe: but Jamal, you're my wife.

Jamal Murray: babe it's fine, just relax and enjoy the party. We don't want to upset the guests.

Isaiah Briscoe: Okay.

When they were preparing the cake that had the boy or girl written on it. Jamal slices the cake and it had the pink icing inside. It turns out they were expecting a baby girl. The guests were cheering when Jamal saw the icing that was colored in pink.

Jamal Murray: we're having another girl babe.

Isaiah Briscoe: I know right? We're so excited.

Isabelle and Alivia came to their parents as they told them that they're going to be big sisters to their little sister. Nikola and the rest of the teammates congratulated the family even when Isaiah didn't like Nikola being around Jamal. Yet, the rest of the guests were giving out the baby registry gifts including the diapers, clothes and other baby items. Yet, the Murray-Briscoe family thanked them for coming to the gender reveal party.

One night after the Gender reveal,

Jamal was getting ready to go to bed when Isaiah goes to him and said. "Jamal love, I'm going to Germany and I'll be vacationing there in two weeks," "But why babe?" Jamal noticed he was going to leave. "What makes you want to go to Germany so that you could leave your pregnant wife at home?"

Isaiah Briscoe: I know love, I'm sorry. I'll be back in 2 weeks.

When Isaiah was about to pack up the stuff for the international game, he felt something clinging on to him. Isaiah texts his friend and telling him that he won't go to the game.