Chapter Nine

{ Skin to Skin Contact }
Denver, Colorado
5:15am,

It started on the early morning with Raelynn letting out a loud cry while Jamal was in the hospital bed resting after birthing the ten pound baby. Jamal held him on the back and said. "You're alright Raelynn, mommy has you," He pulled the strap from his nightgown and started nursing baby Raelynn. Isaiah took a film of Jamal and doing photographs of him. In the meantime, he would inform Jamal that he wanted to make up all the lost time that he had when Jamal had Isabelle and Alivia. With his legs still spread wide open. (The doctors were still cleaning up the gross stuff between Jamal's legs after birth.)

Isaiah smiles knowing that Raelynn was born healthy. It was a surprise because she weighed at ten pounds and Jamal was worn out after a very long labor and spent several hours pushing the baby out. She has been growing in his womb for nine months and was ready to come out. Later on, Isaiah takes baby Raelynn from Jamal's arms and bonds with her like any father could do.

In fact, Gina who was still in the delivery room at the time went in to check on Jamal. Although, Jamal was already exhausted and tired after giving birth. In the meantime, the other hospital staff was asking how she handled Jamal's pregnancy and childbirth with her bravery. Well it was the most difficult part that she had to do even though she hasn't had any experience with helping a person give birth to a baby. In the meantime, Jamal understood her situation that she was worried about not being able to do what she can to make sure Jamal and the baby were in good hands.

Gina: How are you feeling Jamal?

Jamal Murray: I've been alright, you?

Gina: Good. I know that I was freaking out.

Jamal Murray: It's okay now. Don't worry about it.

Gina: Okay.

Gina picked up the medical supplies that were stained with red stains and went to the other room to clean them up. Somehow, Jamal heard from the other college student about how she had to remain calm whenever she handles the situation when it comes to childbirth.

8:00am,

Next, Isabelle and Alivia went to the room. "Mommy!" They went to the bed. "Whoa! Slow down babies, mommy is sore," "Oopsie," They said. "Is that baby sister?" "Yep," Jamal smiled. "Come meet Raelynn," Isabelle and Alivia held Raelynn with the help from Sylvia and they were so excited to have the baby in the family. Sylvia and Roger came to visit Jamal and brought him some food that he would eat after he gave birth to another baby girl. Although, he will be getting plenty of rest before being discharged from the hospital. "How are you feeling so far?" Roger asked. "I've been alright Dad, just exhausted after birthing a ten pound baby," "Goodness Gracious!" Roger was surprised. "How on earth did she get so big?"

Jamal Murray: Dad, I don't know.

Roger Murray: Oh wow, have you been eating cupcakes at 38 weeks of pregnancy?

Jamal Murray: I believe so.

Roger Murray: Oh okay.

Jamal Murray: Dad if you think I may have eaten a lot when I was pregnant with Raelynn, I didn't know what was going on because it was so hard for me to avoid any sweets nowadays.

Roger Murray: I know, it's okay.

Isabelle and Alivia went to Jamal and they were snuggling with their mother. Although, they were shocked as well that their mother birthed a big baby. "Mommy, are you okay?" Isabelle asked. "Mommy's fine. Just tired," "No wonder why the big baby was moving around inside Mommy's belly," "I know baby," Jamal said laughing. "She did move around in your mommy's belly," Now that Raelynn was here, they have a little sister on their own. Although, someone was hoping if Jamal is going to have the next baby, they hoped that they were going to have a baby boy or a girl. (I had a reader that suggested that Jamal will have another baby girl.) "Anyways, we'll be going home to rest. Girls, come on. Let your mommy Jamal get some rest," "Okay. Bye Mommy, see you later," Isabelle and Alivia said.

The family left as Isaiah Briscoe stayed in the room. Somehow, Isaiah explained on his POV about how it has been a tough journey since Jamal had Raelynn.

Isaiah Briscoe POV:

3 hours after Jamal had Raelynn, it has been a rocky road. What's shocking the most was that the lady who I had called to from the reception desk turns out to be the first year of college and was studying nursing. Apparently, she never had any knowledge on childbirth because she hasn't helped someone deliver the baby before. Thankfully, Rachel the labor and Delivery nurse intervened along with the two doctors. Yet, I believed Gina was sent by her aunt to the nursing class where she would be helping my Jamal give birth to a baby first hand.

Author's Note:

Should a College student who took the nursing course be in the delivery room even though she has no experience delivering Jamal's baby? Tell me what you think- Jessica