Chapter Fifteen

We all stood there staring outside of the window, Alexia now ran back to us standing next to me and Theo as we stood in the silence. The howling had stopped but it meant nothing for all we knew that beast was outside waiting for us "Do you think we are safe in here?" I ask whispering to the room. Sasha walked to the cupboard grabbing a Pump action shotgun then grabbed the shells out of a box placing a single shell in the loading flap using her thumb to push it in, the sound of clicking heard as she puts in another and another before she pumps the slide and looks at us "If that asshole wants to attempt to come in, it can" She whispers back walking towards the door. Another howl is heard this time a lot closer causing Theo to push me and Alexia down on the sofa "Oh my god how can it even be out now its not fully dark yet" Alexia announced as Theo keeps us both in his arms "Don't believe everything you read" Sasha says pointing the shot gun to the door "As soon as the sun is setting it can come out" Sasha eyes was focused on the door her hand firmly on the trigger as the edge of the butt was wedged between her shoulder. For the next ten minutes we all remained silent as we waited for something to happen but nothing else happened only the sounds now was our breathing as the tension ran high. I pushed myself against Theos chest listening to his heart as it pounded in his chest, I was looking straight ahead hoping that the thing chasing us did not know where we was but that feeling of hope diminished as I felt the cold sensation run down my back, I lifted my head up slowly feeling the dread run down my skin , I see the white dead eyes of the blonde haired woman or I guess ghost staring right at me but as I look at her it was not me she was looking at but Theo, her eyes was only focused on Theo. Before I could scream the huge black wolf that sliced down my back came smashing through the wall opposite me, Theo and Alexia. All three of us  pushed back on the sofa in a boost of panic causing us all to fall back with the sofa landing on our backs which caused my pain to become even more unbearable "Run" Alexia shouted as we straightened ourselves and then start to crawl from behind the sofa trying our best to escape but all that I could see was the wolf that stood there its teeth bared, snarling at us all. Sasha turned her gun and aimed it right at the beast her hands shaking but that did not stop her from pulling the trigger missing by a inch as the wolf ran towards us causing all three of us to dive out the way as I see the wolf leap through the window landing on its feet. I ran towards Sasha who pumped the gun again, she opened the door before aiming the gun once again at the creature that stood only a few feet away from us "You know who I am don't you?" she asked it in the now dark sky. The creature didn't move, this was not a animal that had no understanding of what it was doing, a lion kills for food it seemed this creature was killing because it enjoyed it, because it lost its humanity if he or she had any to start with, Sasha still aimed at the creature a tear rolling down her cheek "I can never forgive you" she croaked before she took another shot the sound of the blast ringed in my ears causing me to put my hands to my ears. The wolf that stood across from us ran back into the woods before the shell could implant itself inside and killing it for good, I guess it was smart too, that was never a good combination. We all stood there our breathing heavy as we watched "You know who is inside that wolf don't you?" Alexia asks but Sasha didn't say anything "No she don't she told me..." But Alexia cut me off "She also said her name was Yasmin. She likes to lie" Sasha looked down to the ground the only emotion showing on her face was nothing but sadness, she was defeated and I could not help but think she has experience the worst of us all "It does not matter we need to to go" she starts to walk away as Alexia shouts "Hold on a minute we are all going" Alexia ran towards Sasha grabbing her shoulder hard "Our friend is still out there" Sasha looked down then at us "Fine then we go together" she simply says before walking off again, this time all three of us following her. 

Sasha and Alexia walked in front only a few feet away as I held onto Theos hand not able to control the shaking of my body as we walked, I was still unstable on my feet, my back was throbbing in pain. Theo stops me, walking in front of me then turning around crouching down so all I could see was his muscled back "Get on" He demands "What? No I cannot let you carry me" I say hugging my body with my arms "Just get on Demi your hurt" He says to me well he more demands me to but I still stood my ground refusing to let him carry me, "Demi please" He begs, I breathe out in exasperation before placing my self on his back wrapping my arms around his neck. He slowly stands up and I wrap my legs round his body for support "I think I prefer it when you wrap your legs round me in a different situation" he smiles when he turns those beautiful blue eyes to me, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, my face burns at his words and I could not help but giggle "I hope we can experience that again" He says walking a little faster. I could not say anything, everything inside me was confused, my body burned for this man, he left shivers everywhere he touched but now all I could think about was the dream of him surrounded by the dead that he might have killed. After a few minutes a silence I finally spoke "Theo can I ask you something?" I say my voice quiet and shaky "Yes but if you want to know if I enjoyed our time in the car then I can answer that the next time I..." before he could finish I ask "Are you a wolf?" I was not sure if he heard me as I said it so quietly but he stops for a moment "Theo" I say before he drops me on the floor causing me to fall on my bottom and making me yelp in pain "Oh my god I'm sorry" He says picking me up off the floor and bending down brushing off the dirt that I landed in, he looks up at me something I could not describe shining in his eyes, he places his hand on my cheek "I am okay" I say looking up at him "You did not answer my question" I say this time a little quieter, he drops his hand from my face and looks at me  "Demi do you really believe I could be a wolf" He asks me but I don't answer, I just bite my lip and stare at him. He breathes out before bending his head down and then looks at me this time his eyes targeting my own causing my heart to flutter "I am not evil Demi" he whispers to me "Your the only person I have ever cared for you know I would never do anything to hurt you" I smile and hope that was his way of saying he was not some murderous creature "I know" I say, I lift his head up with my hand and place my forehead on his "I am sorry its just that, it just that, you know what never mind" He laughs before cupping my cheek with his hand "You really are something" He quietly says to me before putting his lips to mine and kisses me in such desperation that it scared me even more but I couldn't push him away, I loved this man, and even though my whole being was telling me that something was wrong I still could not stop loving him so I continued to kiss him until we could no longer breathe and Alexia shouts us to catch up. One thing I did know was that there was something hurting us but it was not Theo but the bright white eyes that followed me through the woods as I again wrapped my legs around Theo was telling me something, I just didn't know what.