Chapter Nineteen

I ran as fast as my legs could go, they shook violently underneath me as I heard the howls behind me, my heart was pounding hard in my chest as my breathing exhilarated as the wind blowed angrily through the trees.  I pushed myself harder knowing that soon I would reach Sasha who would stop Theo from grabbing me, I did not think he would hurt me, not even in werewolf form or I would already be dead. Soon I heard the thunder of strong legs galloping behind me, the sounds of growls echoed in the darkness as he started to get closer, I could feel him getting closer to me as I tried my hardest to push myself faster, "Sasha" I screamed before diving behind a tree before the small woman stood in front of the now werewolf Theo and pointed her shotgun, I quickly shut my eyes and held my breath as I waited.  I did not see her aim, I did not want to watch but soon I heard the noise of the blast shaking through the trees, the sound so loud I had to put my hands to my ears as the unwanted tears flowed down my cheeks. I don't hear a scream or even a whimper which I didn't know was a good sign or a bad one.  I open my eyes as Sasha came towards me "Fuck he was to fast, didn't get a good..." instead of finishing what she was saying she stopped and looked at me with guilt and concern spread across her face "Oh my god I'm so sorry" I didn't realise but my legs must of dropped underneath me and I was curled in a ball crying myself into something that I hated. Sasha instinctively bent down towards me and pulled me into her comforting warmth "Theo, he killed everyone" I croaked as Sasha held me tightly stroking my hair in what I guess was nothing but comfort. I was so weak, so stupid, how did I not see it coming? the only man I ever loved was the one who killed those innocent people, who killed his best friend. I could never forgive myself, it was me that caused it all, if it was not for me being so clueless, for being to much of a useless person I could of stopped all of this but instead I was not. I have always been someone who had to be held, who was not good at defending myself but that had to change, Theo was after Flora, he wanted to kill her and I could not let that happen. I was sick of being the damsel in distress, I was sick of crying and being alone, I was going to be the hero, so for the first time in my life I wiped my tears and stood up looking at Sasha who was still kneeled on the ground, as I looked at her right in those hazel  eyes I said "Lets go" before walking past her heading back to the house. 

As I burst through the door the first thing I saw was Flora wrapped in a blanket, her skin was clean but the bruises and cuts across was even more noticeable, it also seemed like she was now wearing new clothes, Alexia was sitting next to her talking to her quietly, what was my guess would be reassuring her. I walked straight to Flora who right now looked a lot better before but she was still very shaken up but that did not stop me from swinging my hand back and slapping her right across the face causing Alexia to gasp "Demi what the fuck" she shouts before standing up pulling me back by the arm "Don't you think she went through enough" she snaps at me before I focus my hateful gaze on Alexia "that bitch pushed me off the balcony last year, her and Ronan" Alexia stops her mouth dropped open wide as we both turn and look at flora whose hand was now holding her bright red cheek "She blamed me for reporting her for the dugs which in all fairness, you was fucking taking drugs. You tried to kill me that's why Theo wants to kill you and you know what I should fucking let him eat you alive but as I am not a murderous bitch like you I wont" Flora does not say anything instead she just continues to stare at me "Flora is that true? your the one that nearly killed Demi" Alexia voice was quiet but Flora just looked down a small whimper coming from her mouth. I push Alexia off me and stand up straight "Why?" Is all I ask and when she refuses to speak I scream "Why Flora? Come on you never stopped telling me how much you hated me before" Flora finally looks up so much pain shining from her gaze "It was a..I didn't mean to Demi, I was just so angry. I swear if I could go back I never would of" She never finished her sentence instead she just started crying , finally she  stopped as we all just stared at her then she finally spoke in a quiet defeated voice "I am so sorry Demi I am so so sorry. I pushed you but Ronan never did, I begged him to not say anything and he didn't, but I swear he didn't do anything it was me who pushed you" my heart ached for her but it did not stop me from hating what she did but she did not deserve to die. I breathe in and sit down next to her "I will never forgive you but right now we in a much more worse situation" both Sasha  and Alexia stare at me in complete shock "Demi are you okay?" Alexia asks as she comes closer to me and sits down to my left "No I am not okay but we cannot let Theo kill Flora" I say but that didn't stop Alexia glaring at Flora "Be lucky that my best friend has a fucking big heart because right now I would just throw you to the wolves, literally" Flora again does not speak she just lifts her legs up and stops talking.  For a long while no one spoke we all just sat in silence before Sasha goes to the kitchen and starts to go through the cupboards "We need to eat first we need our energy" She says pulling some beans and spaghetti out "Yes I agree" Alexia says as Sasha opens a tin of beans and puts it in the microwave "Okay but as soon as its daylight we go looking for Theo and we kill him" I tell them as I turn my head and stare at the moon knowing as soon as it disappears I would have to kill my only love.