T W E N T Y - T H R E E

"Donnie!?" You kneel down and shake his shoulder trying to wake him up. You had just kissed him and then he fell out on you!

"M-Mikey? A little help?" You call out to Mikey and he appears. Mikey suddenly jerks Donnie from you and starts shaking him violently.

"Dude are you good?! Did you die?? Who's gonna taste test my pizzas for me?! You can't die on me!" Mikey wails out as you try to get Mikey to stop shaking his brother.

"Mikey stop!"

Donnie awakens and shoves his brother all the while his nose is bleeding. He wipes the blood off and glances at you. You both blush and look away.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" Mikey exclaims as he runs back to Donnie and gives him a hug. Donnie rolls his eyes, but has a small smile as Mikey shoes his puppy eyes up at him.

"No I'm fine..." Donnie glances at you again. He opens his mouth, but he's interrupted by a certain turtle in blue.

"Y/n what did you do?" Leo asks as he comes out of the dojo with his arms crossed. You look up at Leo surprised.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything!"

He shows the paper he has crumbled in his hand. It's a handwritten note from Karai.

Thanks for helping us Y/n. You did my father and I a great service.
                                                            Love,
                                                             Karai

You snatch the paper out of his hands as he read it out loud. You shake your head trying to comprehend what exactly is happening.

"Guys.. I didn't help them." You try to say as your head starts to spin. Why would Karai do this? Unless.. she was trying to get you alone. Why would she want you alone then?

Someone grabs your shoulder and spins you around. You gasp as you're face to face with Raph glaring you down.

"Did you sell us out?!"

"I-No! You guys should know I wouldn't!" You look up at Donnie pleading with him. Raph shakes you and Donnie steps forward putting a hand on Raph's shoulder.

"Hang on a minute! Maybe it's not what it looks like..."

In a flip of a coin, everyone was distrusting you... except the one you'd like to call your beloved. You and Donnie look at each other for a moment.

You both realized a few things within that moment.. for you- you weren't just having a silly little crush on a monster turtle from your childhood; you were actually seeing the raw emotion he felt about this situation. For him- he was realizing he would trust what you say over the voice of his brothers. He had already learned his mistake before and now he was ready to stand and fight not only for you, but with you.

"Leo.. I think she's telling the truth."

Author's note:

Hello new and old readers! I have decided to continue on with this story as I have gotten many messages and comments regarding this story among others!