T W E N T Y (Holiday Edition)

The Halloween short story is not part of the actual story. (More like a side story)

Unless everyone wants it to!!

"I'm here guys!" You said, gasping for breath. You had ran down the sewers and it had taken a lot out of you.

Donnie saw you immediately and gave you a tender smile and helped get a few pizzas out of your arms.

You bot set the pizzas on the counter and you instantly feel guilty.

A real Thanksgiving had turkey and ham, but because you couldn't afford it, the turtles were stuck with pizza.

This was when you really wished your mother was here. You were just a teenager for crying out loud!

"Hey Y/n, you got what I wanted right?" You rolled your eyes at Mikey before pulling out two pizza boxes and handing them to him.

He squealed and opened one box. You caught sight of jelly beans and immediately stopped searching, worried that your appetite wouldn't last long with Mikey's experimenting.

You felt a small movement around your hand and glanced down at the green hand holding yours. Looking up at the owner of the hand, you smiled.

He pulled you towards him and snuggled you.

"I'm grateful that you're here with me. I couldn't imagine my life without you." He whispered, rubbing his forehead against yours.

"I'm grateful that I have my family together with me, even if it's just pizza and not a fancy meal." He continued and chuckled.

"Why are you saying this now?" You asked confused. You thought it was sweet of him, but you still wondered why now and not during dinner.

"Because I want you to know how grateful I am that you're here, and how much you mean to me." He pulled back to look into your eyes.

"Happy Thanksgiving Y/n."

~~

The whole night you blushed at even seeing the sight of Donnie after what happened. You just couldn't get that cute smile out of your head and every time you saw him, you heard his voice over and over.

Pizza boxes were thrown on the counters and everyone enjoyed a slice of pizza. Yeah, it wasn't the fancy Thanksgiving meal you always had at home, but to them, this was everything and so much more.

They were glad that all of their family was here together.

Well....except April and Casey, but lets not focus on them right now.