Part 1. Funeral

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ funeral ࿐ྂ

A lie. It was all a god damn lie.

This is all my fault.

I did what I had to do.

I ran through the street, downpour drenched my bloodstained clothing. I need to find him. I need to talk to him. He's mine. I can't let him get away.

~Rewind~

"Twenty-two year old, male college student by the name of Han Jisung was discovered murdered in an alleyway in the city of Seoul just hours after coming home from a friend's residence. Said friend, Felix Lee, claims he left his apartment safely, but never told him he arrived home as he said he would. His body was found lifeless four hours later- officials say they estimate he was pronounced dead only an hour after he left Lee's premises. His official day of death: August twenty-fourth. Autopsy reports are to come out in just a few days. The police still don't know, nor do they have suspects, of who the possible killer was for this heinous crime. Today, a funeral is held for the boy and a public burial will be held at-"

I turned the tv off after spending too much time listening to the events I had already thought of a thousand times. It's been three days. Three days since he left my home. Three days since I stood in this very spot and told him to go home because he was tired. I should've just made him spend the night. I wouldn't be in this situation if I had.

I stood up and walked to the living room mirror, adjusting any and all flaws I had in my look. Brushing away a few strands of hair and tugging at my blazer, I made eye contact with myself and took a deep breath. I had yet to shed a single tear over this experience. Something in me hasn't truly processed my first real loss of someone- especially of my best friend who knew me more than anyone in the entire world.

The next thing I know, I was hugging him goodbye, telling him to text me when he's arrived home. Everything is a complete blur of worrying until I got the call, telling me he was dead. It's been the same thing on every news channel for the last two days.

'COLLEGE STUDENT MURDERED IN AN ALLEYWAY'

'Young male found dead and murdered in Seoul.'

'Hot News! Sudden mystery homicide in the capital city!'

It was everywhere. I couldn't stand it. Every channel, every newspaper, every pop-up article, everywhere. I hate to be reminded of what happened.

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ funeral ࿐ྂ

Here I am, sitting in a silent van with people dressed just like me-in black- and looking out the window. My best friends casket lay behind me. It was a larger van, fitting six other people aside from myself. It was the group of us that would carry the casket plus his mother. I sat next to a window. Next to me sat his older brother and next to him, his cousin. In the seats in front of me and his cousin sat Chan and Minho- a close friend and his boyfriend. Driving, was his father who would also be helping with the casket. The only noise that filled the car was the sniffles and whimpers of Jisung's mother silently crying into her handkerchief. Everyone in the car was hurting, but she likely took his death the hardest.

After a twenty-minute drive, we finally came to a slower speed and parked the vehicle, causing us all to slightly jolt in our seats. I looked out the window once again and saw the wave of friends and family gathered both inside and outside of the church, a pool of black clothing swarmed the area and I realized how real this was. Every single one of these faces were here because of their love for Jisung and his wonderful soul.