Part 8. Here With Me

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ here with me࿐ྂ

"Felix? Felix, can you hear me?" I could hear a familiar voice as I stared into a black abyss behind my eye curtains.

"Felix, wake up please." That voice repeated, nervous but gentle.

I allowed my eyes to open just the slightest, only a slit of my vision being acquired. My body felt weak and limp, as if I had just ran a marathon. My head pounded with ache as my senses gradually came back to me. A blink and squint later, my eyes slowly fluttered fully open, tired and heavy like I just left a coma.

I was greeted by the face of the man that I hardly know, yet feel so close to already.

"Hyunjin..?" I managed to get out.

"Are you awake, Felix?" He asked with a shocked expression.
In a split second, I felt my body being lifted from whatever surface I was on and into the arms of his own. Due to my brief consciousness, I could barely react, but my chest certainly did. My heart quickened in speed. I didn't know why, I was more confused if anything. But I just accepted it and allowed myself to take a tired breath in his warm wrap around me.

"What happened?" I groggily questioned and he sighed just quietly enough for me to still hear.

"You suddenly stopped responding and I heard your phone hit the ground. Luckily, your door was unlocked and I came inside to find you completely unconscious on your kitchen floor." He explained softly, as if he were recalling something he didn't want to.
I pulled myself away from him and came to my full senses. We were atop my bed and there was a chair next to it, likely where he'd been staying this whole time. Feeling comforted by his close presence, I kept our short distance.

"How long have I been out?"

"Not long at all. I got here a few minutes ago and brought you here since I didn't want you to be on the ground. You scared me." He replied.
I suddenly felt guilty, this heavy feeling in my chest and burden on my emotions. I dragged him into my mess and now he's taking care of me.

"I'm sorry."

He looked at me with confusion and concern. I took in his features again for the first time since I met him. He was so handsome. His dark hair that meshed perfectly with his deep-colored eyes and gave him the most mysterious but intriguing aura. His perfectly shaped, tinted lips that you couldn't help but admire when he spoke. His sharp jaw that gave off confidence and chic expression.
His eyes. Those sharp, enigmatic, enchanting eyes that looked like those of a fox's- alluring and compassionate.

"Why are you sorry, Felix?" I snapped out of my quick daze, focusing on his words. And there came that feeling from seconds ago.

"You barely know me, Hyunjin. You shouldn't have this burden of needing to take care of me." I said quietly because of the shame that continued to try and break through.

"I know you enough to know that being alone is something you fear. And I'm here to help you. I want to be there for you." He explained as if this was his life's work. As if full of passion and.. love?

"Why, Hyunjin? You could be going through your own grieving process, not helping me with my messed up, broken one." I could feel it building up in the back of my throat.
Not now. Please, not now. Not when I already look the weakest I've ever been.