Part 12. Trouble

Major tw: this chapter contain detailed scenes relating to sexual assault and rape.
If you are triggered or sensitive to such topics, please do not read this chapter. 💜

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ trouble࿐ྂ

My eyes landed upon the same place this whole mess of my life started. Part of me prayed he was there, and part of me prayed he wasn't. I needed someone to talk to, but I also felt cowardly being seen in this state by him again.
The least I needed was at least one drink.

Stumbling inside and swallowing all pitiful emotions that arose, I landed upon a bar stool with my cheek resting on the palm of my hand. As it got closer to evening time, being a Saturday, the richly night club began to get more populated. And I got more intoxicated.
The lights in the club began to blur and sounds became muffled as I zoned out into space, thinking about absolutely nothing. I guess the liquor was distracting enough.

"Hi there, pretty one." I suddenly heard next to myself in a slow echo, with a snobby and thirsty tone.

Looking to my right, there sat a man maybe a few years older than myself with a pale face, broader nose, and lidded eyes. His dark hair was slightly longer, brushing against his nape. Judging by his legs, he was tall— taller than me at least.
He sat with his elbow resting on the counter, propping up his body weight.
I would've found him attractive if he didn't look like he was about to black out. Though, I can't say I wasn't about to do the same thing.

"Saw you from across the room, figured you looked a little lonely." He continued with a small smirk, and I was too out of it to take the hint that I was not in a good situation right now.

"Just, drinking away the time." I responded and took another gulp from my glass full of some random dark liquor that I knew wasn't gonna make anything better. If anything, it'd make me worse. He let out a slow chuckle, keeping his eyes that were hardly visible on me.

His stare was threatening. Menacing.

"Well, I don't think someone as enchanting as you should be all by himself on this lovely evening."
I didn't respond, continuing to look forward and barely paying attention to anything he had to say. My mind was too buzzed and fuzzy to focus on anything.
This night would either end with me blacking out in my living room, or vomiting over the toilet.
The man next to me chortled at my state before sipping his drink.

"Say, how about you and I go some place?" He questioned, seemingly leaning closer to me. I was caught off guard instantly, and I furrowed my brows in response as I looked at him.

"What?" I blatantly asked, lifting my chin from my palm. He let out a laugh, an unusual laugh that made my drunken state realize that this was not someone I should be talking to.

"Oh come on, darling. Me and you both have better places to be instead of here." He smiled cunningly. "I've got a Porsche outside waiting, if you don't wanna be miserable all night." Obviously trying to impress me, I internally revolted at his words.

"I've known you for like thirty seconds, sir. I'm okay, thank you for the offer." I rejected, knowing that it was going to make him aggravated, but there was no way I'd get into this man's car.

"Now, darling, don't deny your own pleasure." His tone began to darken and my heart began to pick up its pace.

"Once again, I appreciate the offer, sir, but no thank you." My voice more stern, trying to get across that I was in no way interested.
I heard him grumble something under his breath with a growl, obviously growing more intoxicatingly angry.