Part 19. My Dreams

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ my dreams ࿐ྂ

"Hyunjin?"

"Yes, Sunny?"

"My dreams.. they haven't stopped. Why?"
My arm was over his chest and his was around my shoulder blades as I rested on his upper torso.
He went quiet for a few seconds, as if in thought.

"What do your dreams consist of?" He softly asked. The room was dimly lit by the night stand lamp that would be turned off soon, but it gave a cozy setting and I was finally comfortable to get proper rest in his arms.

I could feel my chest tighten at the process of forming words to describe the horrid night terrors I'd been having the last couple of days.

"They uh... it's what happened to Jisung.." I lowly said, my spirit darkening at the recall.

"What does that mean, Lix? What do you see?" He asked, purely in curiosity.
As much as I wanted to tell him in order to gain his insight, part of me was so horrified to say it out loud.

"I-I feel like... I can't say. Almost like I can't fathom it." I responded truthfully and his hand raised to my hair, stroking and combing through it gently to give me a sense of security. It calmed me significantly, but I was still hesitant.

"Sunny, I know you're scared... but you must tell me so I can know what could help you. I want you to be happy and not suffer from these any longer." He expressed and I could feel my slowly sinking heart begin to grow fuzzy again and the slight pink hue appear on my cheeks with a small smile.

He knew his way to my heart.

With a heavy, shaky sigh, I pushed myself gently off of Hyunjin and sat up to face him. He seemed to get the message and propped up against the headboard to face me similarly to how I sat.
I opened my mouth to speak, but I felt the lump begin to form in the back of my throat, making me stop instantly and take a deep breath. Hyunjin grabbed my hand comfortingly in his and rubbed it with my thumb for reassurance.

"Take your time, darling." He softly said with look of full attention.
I looked into his eyes and nodded, feeling comforted by the sight of his sparkly, but dark eyes that had so much mystique in them.

"It's a black room. Or, more like a void. There's no noise, no smell or other living thing— just an abyss you can walk through for eons. I walk around for a what feels like decades before I always end up hearing the sound of repeated impact. And then from any direction, I see something. Every time, I walk towards the figure and it.." I choked on a sudden tear that I was trying to hold back. "It's the same thing.. every time. I.. I see it every time."

By this point, I was looking down at our clasped hands, trying to hide my resistant face that was trying so hard to not let a single droplet fall. I knew he was looking at me with full attention and he was genuinely listening, I just found it so hard to look anyone in the eye while the images of my night terrors play in my head like a stop motion picture.

"What do you see, Sunny? Talk to me." Hyunjin asked gently, squeezing my hand slightly to tell me he was listening.

I looked up at him, meeting our eyes and felt myself break. But not out of being overwhelmed, but by feeling safe enough, comfortable enough to let my emotion show to him. There was no reason to feel like I needed to conceal myself with Hyunjin.