Part 16. In The Black Abyss

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ in the black abyss࿐ྂ

I shyly creaked the door open and stuck my head into the room, afraid of potentially being kicked out. But when I got the glimpse into the bedroom and saw him, a small smile grew onto my face.

"Hi, Lix." He greeted in a kind manner with a beautiful grin across his lips.
He sat in his pompous bed with his back against the headboard, the lights off— other than the brightly lit lamp next to himself on the nightstand—, and a chapter book opened in his hands. He wore glasses, and my goodness, did they make him all the more attractive.

"Do you need something?" He asked, closing his book but leaving a finger in the pages he left off on, which snapped me out of my daze of admiring just how serene he is.

I looked around the room briefly before suddenly feeling bashful while a red hue grew across my cheeks.
"Can I... do you mind if I... stay here tonight?" I murmured, scared I may have to repeat myself, but luckily he probably saw this coming and just grew a wider smile.

"Can't sleep? It's pretty late." My head nodded, still being the only thing that was peeping into the room.
Hyunjin chuckled slightly before scooting over and patting the spot on his giant bed next to him.
Hesitantly at first, I continued walking into the room, closing the door behind me, and gently sat next to Hyunjin on the softest mattress I'd ever felt.

I pulled the covers over my legs while I sat up in the bed and Hyunjin continued to read his book. Part of me just felt awkward because he wasn't saying anything, but then I also wondered if he simply didn't want to talk to me. It seems stupid, but you gotta have sympathy for me— I was a mess.

He had a small smirk plastered on his face that I didn't realize I was looking at until he looked at me.
"Lix," he called, "would like to lay with me?"

My face dropped in one of startle. Did I make it too obvious that I wanted to be in this man's arms more than anything?

"I'm already laying next you, a-aren't I..?" Playing oblivious was a habit I had when I was embarrassed, but I was never too great at it.
He smiled again, breaking the eye contact to look away before returning the gaze. With a small chuckle, he closed his book, took off his spectacles, and placed them both on the nightstand next to himself. Carefully, his arms wrapped around my upper frame and I was pulled in closer to him, making my heart beat slightly faster.
Our bodies were pressed against each other and my head rested where just below his shoulder was. He grabbed one of my arms and wrapped it around his torso while his was around me. Knowing he was comfortable, I nuzzled in closer to him, listening to the pumping of his heart.
He then maneuvered both of our bodies to transition from sitting up to lying down against each other. It was so intimate, but it was so soothing to be able to hold someone close.

"Are you comfortable with this, Felix?" He asked, using a tone that made me shiver. I nodded against him, more than okay with this state we were in.
I felt his soft lips plant a kiss on my head before securing his arms more around me, allowing me to smile while gradually closing my eyes.

"Sleep well, Sunshine. I'll be here in the morning, I promise."

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ in the black abyss࿐ྂ

My head pounded harshly as my eyelids began to flutter open, making me wince while I was rudely awakened by the pain.
Although, it was soothed for a second when the familiar scent of someone I knew.
As my eyes opened, they met with the face of the angel I'd been seeking haven with for the past days and weeks. He smiled lovingly at me while the sunlight made him shine perfectly, bringing out his most beautiful features.