Part 11. Fond Of You

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ fond of you࿐ྂ

Keeping my hand against his jaw, he waited for my next move. In reality, I didn't even know what my next move was— I was simply letting my head control my every movement. In which, it led me to lean in closer. I didn't realize it then, but Hyunjin followed my lead. We both wanted to, so badly.

"Oh my god, what am I doing?" My eyes widened and I backed away just slightly, horrified that I had almost kissed him without asking.

He looked at me with confusion when I faced the front again.
"I am so sorry, Hyunjin. I wasn't thinking-"

Before I could even get a proper thought out, I felt a hand on the side of my face pull me closer and a pair of soft lips on my cheek. Letting out the softest gasp, I looked to him when they left contact with my face.
He was looking at me with a soft, shy smile, making my heart melt.

"I wouldn't have denied it. But I know you need time." He said."We'll go at your pace."

I didn't know what to say, unsure as to whether I was more stunned or flustered. He giggled shyly before nudging at my shoulder with his own.
"Don't be so starstruck, I'm sure I made it obvious." He laughed.

"M-made what obvious?" I muttered, facing him again and clearing my throat out of embarrassment. Thank the heavens that it was dark outside, my face had to have been bright red.
He smiled and faced the view in front of us again.

"I'm fond of you, Felix." The tall man confidently confessed.
"I know we've only known each other for a small amount of time, but we've spent a lot of time together. Close together." He continued as I remained stunned.

"Not to throw anyone under the bus, but I don't act the same around others as I act around you. And I noticed that immediately. You just have an aura that I can't stray away from."

I smiled just lightly to myself at his words as we both looked at the city lights ahead. He chortled in the small silence that occurred while I processed his confession.
"When you were in that bar just a few days ago, I got this feeling that it was fate. There was no way we just coincidentally were in there at the same time, you know?" He said and I giggled a little.

"I can go at your pace, Sunshine. I'm okay with being patient."
My smile sort of grew into a slight frown. I suddenly felt guilt— like I was seemingly making someone wait for a grieving person to be in the right headspace to live another. I didn't want to make Hyunjin wait. It wouldn't be fair to either of us and it's cruel. As if I were to be leading him on, teasing the idea of a different kind of relationship with him that's so close but so far at the same time. I was in a state of grief and anger, I couldn't allow him to try and take of someone who was so unstable that they could barely do anything for themselves.

"You can't wait for me, Hyunjin. It's unfair to you if there's others out there who are in a better mindset." I contritely expressed with a lowered mood.
In response, Hyunjin rested his head upon my shoulder. My nerves tensed for a split second before I relaxed. I liked this feelings. I was fluttering, but not out of anxiousness anymore. More so, out of giddiness and blush. It felt nice. It felt right. Something about Hyunjin being near me felt so calm and lovely.

"I'm not looking at anyone else though, Felix."
I smiled, leaning my head on his.

"I already know that you're worth waiting for."